3 penalties/no calls

Coley did not have possession on the first TD. That was a gift. Coley needs to learn to drag that foot. He is just lazy.

bro I saw it in real time, full speed and I immediately called it a TD without a fraction of doubt in my mind

but the officials did not hesitate to say, "nope, *** U".. literally

Advertisement
Again, we didnt lose because of the refs...but we f()cking tired of always having more call go against us than for us. Home or away. PMR needs to call the ACC out on this bullsh!t.

Coley did not have possession on the first TD. That was a gift. Coley needs to learn to drag that foot. He is just lazy.

But seriously though, the strength of the Yen has me concerned.

On a more serious note, have you tried Asian Red Ginseng? It's the most cost-effect and natural way to put some lead in your pencil!

I'm right there with you Omaha, clearly a gift. Called an incomplete pass, that remains incomplete 95 percent of the time. Must establish possession before the foot counts.

They were bad calls but the game should've never been in their hands. We should've won that game by double digits.

Advertisement
1. The phantom hold on Walton's TD run
2. The hold on Corn on FSU's go ahead TD
3. The targeting call on Carter

I hate blaming refs and there is plenty of blame to go around but those 3 calls/non calls were all game changing and magnified the mistakes Kaaya and others made tonight.

1 & 3 are real gripes. 1 cause it wasn't even involved in the play and was ticky tacky. 3 because of the moment of the game and it was real questionable.

#2 is a reach. Sorry, but it is. There are multiple angles here. Corn trying to get around WRs long arms doesn't equal hold, especially with the WR moving his feet around him and didnt grab anything.
[video=youtube;ggxEe2ynTUA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggxEe2ynTUA[/video]

Last edited:
Pretty sure that targeting call directly extended a drive that led to points. Play was 3rd and long and that gave FSU a 1st down and eventually points. When you lose by 1, those points decided the game just as much as any other.

Coley's catch was a TD. If its called incomplete on the field and reversed to a TD.. it's a TD.

As far as targeting... I hate that they make a call on the field and always review it anyway. Just go straight to the booth when it's in question and never make an on field call. Let the replay do the talk and call it right. The call on the field always holds too much weight and they can't make an undisputed reversal of the call. Not just the call on Carter, but targeting in general, is ruining college football.

Advertisement
1. The phantom hold on Walton's TD run
2. The hold on Corn on FSU's go ahead TD
3. The targeting call on Carter

I hate blaming refs and there is plenty of blame to go around but those 3 calls/non calls were all game changing and magnified the mistakes Kaaya and others made tonight.

1 & 3 are real gripes. 1 cause it wasn't even involved in the play and was ticky tacky. 3 because of the moment of the game and it was real questionable.

#2 is a reach. Sorry, but it is. There are multiple angles here. Corn trying to get around WRs long arms doesn't equal hold, especially with the WR moving his feet around him and didnt grab anything.
[video=youtube;ggxEe2ynTUA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggxEe2ynTUA[/video]

Thanks for posting this film. This tape could deserve its own thread. Overall, i was extremely pleased with mannys playcalling and our defensive performance. But Jaquan's blitz above should not have happened with a stacked 3 WR set on the left. Defensive should recognize that and adjust accordingly. You can't have 1 on 3 there. Not sure if the blame should go on the players or coaches for not recognizing the mismatch but that can't happen.

ea32406dd93cc295aabea9fcaec32416.jpg

Coley 1st td catch was a gift though

They stopped the replay when he was in possession with toe touching.
They continued to run the tape and you even saw a little turf kicked up a split second later.
Very close, but conclusive.

Advertisement
Pretty sure that targeting call directly extended a drive that led to points. Play was 3rd and long and that gave FSU a 1st down and eventually points. When you lose by 1, those points decided the game just as much as any other.

Targeting was at 5:01 in the 4th with the Noles up 20-13.
Didn't lead to points, we shut them down on the next 3 plays, but took 1:29 off the clock before the Berrios return at 3:32.

I watched the St Louis holding play again. He actually held more on the previous play where Lane roughed Walton OB. I wonder if #91 complained to the ref about being held on that prior play.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back