2024 3* DE/DT Daylen Russell from Columbus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh… Not caving to the brash bravado and bluster. I’m not afraid of being wrong and I don’t care about “I told ya so’ing” others here if I’m right.

I’ll welcome him if he commits and pull for his success. We’ll see in 3-4 years if this guy was a hidden gem our brilliant staff identified and developed or Just. Another. Guy.

There’s bigger fish to fry.

I have no dog in this fight. I hope wherever he lands, here or elsewhere, that he finds success. That's just who I am though, I don't hate on young men like a lot of people do as I realize we all made some decisions back then. ****, we do as adults sometimes too.

Advertisement
Larry Blustein loves him, apparently fwiw.

I love this place. The same guys who ***** each year about us missing on the lightly recruited Dade 3-stars with warts that end up blowing up at a lower-5 P5 school instead of Miami are the same guys who are complaining about Miami taking a high-character moderately recruited 3-star from here that was Dade County Defensive Player of the Year on the field as a junior, and has offers from Miami, FSU, L'ville, WVU, and Nebraska. Because, you know, they didn't like what they saw on youtube while they were dropping a deuce at Burger King yesterday.

CIS, never change.

I mean...

100% correct. Wouldn't change a word.

I mean...

100% correct. Wouldn't change a word.
Wtf is going on here!?!

Well I’ll be damned. I guess my work is done.

IMG_5940.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
2/3 of you have the same staph infection 😂

Nah, man. I've had my shots.

But I've been around since the 80s and 90s. I've seen how things are supposed to work at Miami, and I'm glad we are getting back to those principles.

Does that GUARANTEE a particular outcome? No. We've got some tough competition in the world, between Bama and UGa and Taint and a few others.

I'm happy we are returning to the right approach. We still have to scout and recruit and develop and coach and execute to a high level for a few consecutive years, but it's not a staph infection to be optimistic that if we do the right things the right way, that we will see improvement.

There will be some good things that happen over the next few years and some bad things. I'm ready to be Miami again.

But I've been around since the 80s and 90s. I've seen how things are supposed to work at Miami, and I'm glad we are getting back to those principles.

Does that GUARANTEE a particular outcome? No. We've got some tough competition in the world, between Bama and UGa and Taint and a few others.

I'm happy we are returning to the right approach. We still have to scout and recruit and develop and coach and execute to a high level for a few consecutive years, but it's not a staph infection to be optimistic that if we do the right things the right way, that we will see improvement.

There will be some good things that happen over the next few years and some bad things. I'm ready to be Miami again.
I’m messing with you. 😂

Advertisement

100. That's why I'm scratching my head at the outright pessimism of some of our best Maudes. I worry about the situation with Ruiz and NIL funding availability. But everything else to me looks like Miami is putting the program in a position to win and win big. Evaluations, recruiting, staffing, facilities, culture, playbook. All on the upswing.

Advertisement
Larry Blustein has NEVER seen a player he didn't love...NEVER...In the history of his write-ups
Blu looked out for my brother in law who was under the radar. He’s a good guy who just tries to help kids get exposure. Don’t think he’s giving critical analysis in his eval because his approach is more to try to give an assist where needed.

The slurping on the 247 board is worse than what we have here. Some of those dudes post here too bc i know who they are. If you question this over there, they pounce.
It’s why I stopped going over there. 247 is lucky they packaged my Paramount+ with the subscription. My kids need their SpongeBob movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back