3 Coaches on the hot seat

Exactly, the hire should have never been made. The most hilarious part is that manny used basic salesman tactics on the fool James. He said the decision needed to be that day lol. Give me a break, a G5 coach is always available to the Hurricanes. Should have been a national coaching search. So many better guys we could have gotten

I bet Manny said, "I'll have to check with the Sales Manager," and walked out of the room when James gave him the contract offer.

Advertisement
The most interesting part of this article is Hermans response after losing to Baylor. Please compare that to Manny after losing to FIU. Herman genuinely looks upset and hurt about the state of the program. He take full responsibility for the teams failures. Manny talks as if its just another day at the office.

Herman>>>>Diaz, I would take him at Miami in a heart beat.

I would say that seat is burning for Manny but if Texas and USC fire there HC's its going to make this hc search even more difficult with the FSU vacancy. Fire him now so we can get a jump on this search.

I think USC fires HC and we will too after Duke puts 90 on us.

Fire ad and let them bring in their guy!!!

I really love all this hire this guy and that as if people are beating down the doors for this job. Well one guy is, and many other top names probably don't want it because they don't want to deal with having so much top talent in their backyards being bought off with impunity while they'll have to live under the ncaa microscope and can't sneeze the wrong way without getting threatened with the death penalty by them. I'mma leave it right there.

Advertisement
The most interesting part of this article is Hermans response after losing to Baylor. Please compare that to Manny after losing to FIU. Herman genuinely looks upset and hurt about the state of the program. He take full responsibility for the teams failures. Manny talks as if its just another day at the office.

Herman>>>>Diaz, I would take him at Miami in a heart beat.
If dude can't being at Texas with all their budget and booster cash he ain't winning here either.

If dude can't being at Texas with all their budget and booster cash he ain't winning here either.

Coaching in the B12 is not anything remotely close to coaching in the ACC coastal. MUCH MUCH better coaches and Qb's in that league.

He just won a big time game against UGA last season.

I really love all this hire this guy and that as if people are beating down the doors for this job. Well one guy is, and many other top names probably don't want it because they don't want to deal with having so much top talent in their backyards being bought off with impunity while they'll have to live under the ncaa microscope and can't sneeze the wrong way without getting threatened with the death penalty by them. I'mma leave it right there.

So your suggestion is because according to you no one wants this job we should keep status quo? Can you leave right here with your posts?

Advertisement
Whoever we hire needs to have a backbone.tell the ad,that strawberry witch and President where to go and run the prima donnas off.make our team have that mentality anytime,anyplace,anywhere we are to not just beat you but whip your a$$.that's old cane swagger gents these knuckleheads today just don't get it.

Y
Yep, fishy aint it. I mean WTF they should just rent a billboard by the school and say " we're not all that interested in winning here", and then on the bottom put "so leave us alone" maybe then everybody would understand and go on about their lives

Advertisement
Yes because Manny won a superbowl as a DC just like Butch did before getting the UM gig. How could I forget.
At that time no one cared what he did at Dallas. Going through the sanctions, fans thinking he was over his head and lets not forget the banner flown stating champs to chumps, the fan base in 1997 wanted Butch fired. Then he made one best decisions of his career was firing his DC Miller and hiring Greg Schiano 1999.

I would say that seat is burning for Manny but if Texas and USC fire there HC's its going to make this hc search even more difficult with the FSU vacancy. Fire him now so we can get a jump on this search.

I'll take Herman in a heartbeat..,...good fit here

Elite recruiter who knows offense

***** that. I want Butch but these ******** will never hire him so let's trade coaches with UT. Herman would fit better here. It was Miami he was trying to be at Houston. Manny already knows the way to and from UT so send him along. I wasn't a Herman fan before but I am desperate now. He might be perfect for us and the administration might not realize it. They will never hire someone who they think will bring us back so it needs to be a surprise. He just got fired from big school -- sounds and seems like Mark. They could go for it.

Advertisement
I am not as huge of a Herman fan as others on this board, but I am truly surprised he hasnt done better there.

Texas has similar problems to us, sort of..... just instead of having incompetent people at the top who don't give a ****, they have incompetent people at the top who care too much. They also have pressure to sign every 4/5 star kid in the state with total disregard to how they fit into what they want to do schematically. Oklahoma has had much more success just signing fast and aggressive Texas kids and putting them in a system without regard to stars. Those are UT's biggest issues. I don't think any HC will have sustained success there unless the AD dramatically changes. Herman isn't a bad coach. The Texas vs Baylor game last weekend should be a case study on successful football programs, though. Rhule has a very specifc, streamlined, efficient vision. They have a QB who set an all-time accuracy record in high school and went 30-2 as a HS starter who got overlooked because he was 6'1 185 throwing to other overlooked fast kids at WR while Texas went with the adonis 5 star at QB.... and I like Ehlinger, but Brewer's just better. Texas has big, talented, lazy kids all over on defense..... Baylor has fast aggressive kids who play with their hair on fire on defense.

Baylor football the last 10 years is THE blueprint for Miami football success, both under Briles and Rhule. We should be an insanely rich man's version of Baylor. Speed and aggression with a chip on your shoulder. Don't just recruit a few fast kids and deem yourself fast, make FAST your identity. Miami has the best FAST recruiting ground in America.

At that time no one cared what he did at Dallas. Going through the sanctions, fans thinking he was over his head and lets not forget the banner flown stating champs to chumps, the fan base in 1997 wanted Butch fired. Then he made one best decisions of his career was firing his DC Miller and hiring Greg Schiano 1999.

Im going to let you in on a little secret, even though you are probably work in the AD's office or are a Manny apologist, your MANny is NOTHING like Butch Davis. Stop trying to make any comparisons between the two.

Your MANny has not won anything significant on ANY level. Nor does he know what a championship culture looks like or how to create one. Watching games in the orange bowl as child does not give you that distinction.

Moreover, he has never played the game of football. MANny was a terrible thoughtless hire.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back