3*CB Daran Branch commits

Advertisement
So to clarify the staff sees him at corner safety and striker. Blake Baker and Patke actually get credit for the commitment with Rumph also heavily involved.

I hope the kid sticks cause he can play and he's handled by the same guy that handled Devonte Smith,i think his name is Vincent Sanders, It's been said that this guy that looks out for these Amite kids is on the up and up and doesn't play the bags game and was ****ed off at Smith and his mom who had LSU and Bama bidding for his services.

Smith's mom ended up with a house and he got a new Charger but from what I heard Sanders doesn't have anything to do with them anymore because of the way they played him and it reflected on his reputation and hurt his standing with LSU.

Amite is loaded every year and it would be nice to get even the smallest pipeline into that school.

Advertisement
I don't remember but this might be the guy I said to PASS on because he wants an LSU offer bad.... Hopefully he makes me eat my words but you got me fuxked up if you think I'm not excited.

Wake me up in Dec.

Advertisement
He been recruited as a striker
So has this guy.

This is what Ivins posted.
“After checking in with a few different sources on Tuesday, I was told that the Hurricanes love Branch's length and that the defensive coaches could see him in multiple roles in their defense including striker given his frame.”

Advertisement
Advertisement
Athletically he reminds me of Kacy Rodgers Jr. which is not great. You couldn't ask for better size & frame from a DB and he doesn't have heavy feet like a lot of bigger DBs. There just isn't any explosive movement to his game which is concerning. He moves at 1 speed and barely gets off the ground when he jumps. He's a willing run defender but doesn't play with much force as a hitter.

I hope I'm wrong because if he can add some twitch and/or power to his game he could be a Sean Smith or Pat Watkins type. Otherwise I see a zone corner or rotational safety type.

Advertisement
Back