3.23 yards before contact

Currently rewatching all of our offensive snaps against them. Texas A&M was hellbent on stopping the run, they absolutely sold out and we all saw how talented that group was against Auburn. They have players everywhere on that Front 7 that can ruin your entire game if you´re not careful.

Whenever we went dropback pass, they had no shot. No collapsing edges, no one on the interior being pushed back. And the further the game went on, it became more and more obvious how this group with a Freshman at RT, a Sophomore at RG and a LT who has missed loads of time due to injury flat out dominated a talented group of rushers. Plus, our screen game with the WR is so good because players get out, move their big wheels and look for players to pancake. It is such a wonderful, wonderful sight to see a group dominate the way they are doing.

And its not just our group of starters. Rodriguez came in for Lee against Temple and just continued where Lee left. McCoy as an extra blocker is a physical force, who can move and just **** people up. McCormick on the split zone is a cheat code. This whole group, regardless of age, is so committed towards their craft and their work... it is an advertisment for every HS offensive lineman to come here. What Mario and Mirabal have done with Rivers and Cooper, how good Mauigoa looks as a Freshman and how well some of the backup are playing, it can not be said enough what a gamechanger their work has been.

Agree. Even with ATM trying to stop the run, there were still many run plays where the first contact the RB recieved was 3+ yards past the LOS. Would be good to go back and chart that. Against other inferior teams, often the RB doesn’t get touched before 5 yards last tbe LOS!

Advertisement
Serious question.

Why did it take us almost 20plus years to figure out what everyone already knew. We needed an OL to compete and be a competitive team.

Golden State Warriors No GIF by NBA
I think everyone knew, we just didn’t have coaches with the OL credentials to get dudes or develop them properly.

It is incredible how much better Jalen Rivers looks when he has some non-jabrone lined up next to him. Same with Anez Cooper, who I still contend stands out on a line with the next Penei Sewell, maybe the best center in CFB, and a former Alabama All-American candidate on the same line. This is an awesome offensive line to watch. Its not dissimilar to those Stoutland lines we had with Linder, Seantrel, Feliciano and a litany of other eventual pro offensive lineman on it...but this unit is playing better than those guys in college by quite a bit. The whole starting unit should be drafted and I'm sure Pancake Honcho and a few other backups will eventually get a shot in the league as well.

They have 3 guys on that DL that will more than likely make an NFL roster.

Miami has 5 guys that will make an NFL roster and the numbers so far are bearing that out.

Miami should win the matchup, but I don’t think it’s wise to assume they’re going to **** them up.

Verse is the most overrated player in college football and Payton is a bum. I know they have an alright DT as well but we played and dominated a better dline in Texas A&M. Our oline vs FSUs dline will be a one sided matchup.

Advertisement
Verse is the most overrated player in college football and Payton is a bum. I know they have an alright DT as well but we played and dominated a better dline in Texas A&M. Our oline vs FSUs dline will be a one sided matchup.
Idk bout one sided matchup, but our OL can compete with anyone. I said it at beginning of season (and I’ll stick to it) A&Ms DL will be the best DL we see all season… that was the litmus test and we passed with flying colors.

It’s pick your poison, want to drop 7 into coverage? We’re going to run for 250. Want to stack the box? TVD gonna dice you up. Aggies found that out the hard way.

That’s some Alabama type work by our Ol. That means our rb’s have 3 yards before they’re touched . Putting them 7th in Fbs. They also have a 17.8 pressure percentage which puts then 3rd in FBS. So the OL is opening holes for the backs , blowing the DL off the ball and making good pockets for Tyler. Keeping him clean. Mario did exactly what we thought he’d do…..revamp the OL Talent and fast.

I knew the OL would take a big step this year but so far it’s surpassed my expectations. The scary thing is most OL’s get better the more snaps they play together , like a starting five in basketball.

It should be fun to watch.
I was sitting in the stadium for the A&M game and constantly commenting to my brother how I couldn't believe how well our OL was doing in protecting TVD, he basically went untouched the entire game, amazing work by them. Watching them pick up stunts and blitzes is a thing of beauty.

What a change from the last several years when it seemed like every stunt or blitz worked against us.

Currently rewatching all of our offensive snaps against them. Texas A&M was hellbent on stopping the run, they absolutely sold out and we all saw how talented that group was against Auburn. They have players everywhere on that Front 7 that can ruin your entire game if you´re not careful.

Whenever we went dropback pass, they had no shot. No collapsing edges, no one on the interior being pushed back. And the further the game went on, it became more and more obvious how this group with a Freshman at RT, a Sophomore at RG and a LT who has missed loads of time due to injury flat out dominated a talented group of rushers. Plus, our screen game with the WR is so good because players get out, move their big wheels and look for players to pancake. It is such a wonderful, wonderful sight to see a group dominate the way they are doing.

And its not just our group of starters. Rodriguez came in for Lee against Temple and just continued where Lee left. McCoy as an extra blocker is a physical force, who can move and just **** people up. McCormick on the split zone is a cheat code. This whole group, regardless of age, is so committed towards their craft and their work... it is an advertisment for every HS offensive lineman to come here. What Mario and Mirabal have done with Rivers and Cooper, how good Mauigoa looks as a Freshman and how well some of the backup are playing, it can not be said enough what a gamechanger their work has been.
This…I know its temple but outside of that holding penalty rodriguez looked good

Verse might be on the same milk carton with Jamal Reynolds never to be found again if we have our way with him.

Advertisement
Idk bout one sided matchup, but our OL can compete with anyone. I said it at beginning of season (and I’ll stick to it) A&Ms DL will be the best DL we see all season… that was the litmus test and we passed with flying colors.

It’s pick your poison, want to drop 7 into coverage? We’re going to run for 250. Want to stack the box? TVD gonna dice you up. Aggies found that out the hard way.

This

Let's not get too excited about Rodriguez yet. Gaynor and Clark looked okay against dogshyit teams as well. We desperately need another Center.
Of course but it’s always good to see progress lol

Advertisement

When A&M beats Alabama maybe we'll get a little respect. A&M is a good team.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back