3* 2021 LB Eric Gentry Hits the Portal

Advertisement
You really think there's an endless stream of money?
In the interview with Barry Jackson, Ruiz said they had $10m in mind, of which they have spent $5 on over 100 players, but that was not a hard limit and would go higher. The exact quote:

“We set a budget of about $10 million when I started for the year, but we’re not stuck at $10 million,” he said.

That is only one source and person.

In the interview with Barry Jackson, Ruiz said they had $10m in mind, of which they have spent $5 on over 100 players, but that was not a hard limit and would go higher. The exact quote:

“We set a budget of about $10 million when I started for the year, but we’re not stuck at $10 million,” he said.

That is only one source and person.
Not sure what his current net worth is, but if his deal nets him $23 billion, $10m is literally only .04% of that. Not 4%, .04%. If my math is correct, if he got an annual return of only 1% of $23b, that'd be over $230m in returns per year, or $19m PER MONTH.

So his $10m NIL investment would be 4% of his returns. He'd still pocket $220m/year. If that all happens (and my numbers are correct), are we still really worried about the money running out? I'd be more worried about him getting bored.

Advertisement
Not sure what his current net worth is, but if his deal nets him $23 billion, $10m is literally only .04% of that. Not 4%, .04%. If my math is correct, if he got an annual return of only 1% of $23b, that'd be over $230m in returns per year, or $19m PER MONTH.

So his $10m NIL investment would be 4% of his returns. He'd still pocket $220m/year. If that all happens (and my numbers are correct), are we still really worried about the money running out? I'd be more worried about him getting bored.
The amount of money folks at that level have is hard to even wrap your head around. Think about how much $50m or $100m is and it’s hardly a drop in the bucket at that point. I think that’s the other part that has made people question this.

The amount of money folks at that level have is hard to even wrap your head around. Think about how much $50m or $100m is and it’s hardly a drop in the bucket at that point. I think that’s the other part that has made people question this.
Yeah I love how all our rivals are starting to say he's another Shapiro. From what I've read this guy has nothing to do with investing people's money. Just making money as an attorney and building businesses. The hate is real and they don't want to believe we may actually be legit in the NIL game now.

Not only that but I can guarantee you if someone is putting up $23 Billions they are absolutely not settling for anything near a 1% return.

Not only that but I can guarantee you if someone is putting up $23 Billions they are absolutely not settling for anything near a 1% return.
Exactly, but I was just wanting to show the ridiculous amount of money it was at a minimal return. Who knows with the current state of the world, but even at a 4% return, multiply everything by four. It's insane money.

Advertisement
Yeah I love how all our rivals are starting to say he's another Shapiro. From what I've read this guy has nothing to do with investing people's money. Just making money as an attorney and building businesses. The hate is real and they don't want to believe we may actually be legit in the NIL game now.
There's that and I would also imagine Nevin's ill-gotten net worth was somewhere in the tens of millions. This is a different playground.

Who said anything about one person? There's always a budget. The Yankees have a budget
NIL is not run by one organization or managed by the university. We don't have a budget because we don’t have a limit. Ruiz may have a budget and limit but he is not NIL he is Ruiz.

Another way to look at it is $10mm probably just about covers the cost of the restroom in his 767 ;)

Advertisement
Just seeing this kid, and I’m not sure if it’s been said already and I’m sure had to have been, but ummm… this Cyrus Moss could be for Miami. If y’all comfortable having this kid at Miami playing LB… then no reason why Miss shouldn’t get a look there either.
So pretty much Cyrus Moss with experience? Sounds good to me....

NIL is not run by one organization or managed by the university. We don't have a budget because we don’t have a limit. Ruiz may have a budget and limit but he is not NIL he is Ruiz.
Y'all over thinking this. Between the collective of boosters theres going to be rough # theyre willing to spend overall.

Especially once other teams start to get their NIL going teams will have to be smart about who they go after and who they offer. That's just like any other sport regardless of salary cap.

When fans say "I wouldnt offer him x amount" and they get the "its not your money" follow up. ..Theyre not realizing the fans looking at it from a budgetary standpoint. Obviously its not coming out of their pocket. lol

Y'all over thinking this. Between the collective of boosters theres going to be rough # theyre willing to spend overall.

Especially once other teams start to get their NIL going teams will have to be smart about who they go after and who they offer. That's just like any other sport regardless of salary cap.

When fans say "I wouldnt offer him x amount" and they get the "its not your money" follow up. ..Theyre not realizing the fans looking at it from a budgetary standpoint. Obviously its not coming out of their pocket. lol
Will Smith Smh GIF by The Academy Awards

Advertisement

Except you have absolutely no idea what the budget is or the amount of the total pool that people are willing to spend.

Manny Diaz has a better chance of replacing Saban at Bama than Ruiz has of netting $23b.

Advertisement
Back