3* 2021 LB Eric Gentry Hits the Portal

So your position is that we have an endless amount of $? we can just offer anyone we want 10 million?
My point is I'm not worried about it. If/when the money run out it run out. We don't have a salary cap to manage we have a get as many paid as we can. If that number is 10, 20, 30 million it won't be advertised so why you ****** worried?

Advertisement
My point is I'm not worried about it. If/when the money run out it run out. We don't have a salary cap to manage we have a get as many paid as we can. If that number is 10, 20, 30 million it won't be advertised so why you ****** worried?

Just making the point that fans argue how much a dude should be paid all the time and its obvious it's not coming out of their own pocket and that's not what they mean. If whatever poster that was thinks Gentry isn't worth 1 million because he's worried that that's taking away from picking up more players, let him live. As far as me... I get a weird feeling about Ruiz' fortune and ill take every dime he's willing to give now.

Manny Diaz has a better chance of replacing Saban at Bama than Ruiz has of netting $23b.

From someone who knows nothing about SPAC, whats the word. Is this guy going to be worth multi-billions or not and why?

Just making the point that fans argue how much a dude should be paid all the time and its obvious it's not coming out of their own pocket and that's not what they mean. If whatever poster that was thinks Gentry isn't worth 1 million because he's worried that that's taking away from picking up more players, let him live. As far as me... I get a weird feeling about Ruiz' fortune and ill take every dime he's willing to give now.
That poster is moronic. It's not like we have a bunch of other options you take best available. Mario isn't looking to punt this season or start a rebuild. He obviously wants to be competitive on national level starting yesterday. Very few college athletes are worth a mil but the market is the market. Just like very few NFL QBs are worth +40 mil, but every contract going out will see that as a baseline.

From someone who knows nothing about SPAC, whats the word. Is this guy going to be worth multi-billions or not and why?
Looks like he’s going to be a multi-billionaire, but he’s not personally netting >$20b.

Advertisement
So how can you possibly say what is a reasonable allocation of the budget if you do not know what the budget is. I don't think we have some endless pool, but you have absolutely no clue if the pool is $10m or $50m, so how can you say if $100k or $250k is a lot of the total allotment.

So how can you possibly say what is a reasonable allocation of the budget if you do not know what the budget is. I don't think we have some endless pool, but you have absolutely no clue if the pool is $10m or $50m, so how can you say if $100k or $250k is a lot of the total allotment.

Ask the poster that doesnt want to give Gentry 1 million. All im saying is that the "its not your money" argument is dumb when its obvious what fans mean when they say "I don't want to pay x, x amount." It's using budget wisely

Looks like he’s going to be a multi-billionaire, but he’s not personally netting >$20b.
This article says the SPAC was valued at $33b and he has a 70% stake in the company, hence the $23b. Obviously depends what it ends up being.

Exactly, but I was just wanting to show the ridiculous amount of money it was at a minimal return. Who knows with the current state of the world, but even at a 4% return, multiply everything by four. It's insane money.
Ever since my brother started working in family office Private equity my mind has been blown. Forget your standard 8% S&P return, anything under 15-20% even in down markets is a fireable offense....the returns you have access to after a certain level is insane

Advertisement
Has Gentry said he’s going anywhere else other than USC so far? I’d imagine he has their best offer - I wonder where else he visits I assume Penn State will be after him big with Manny’s hard hitting defense lol

This article says the SPAC was valued at $33b and he has a 70% stake in the company, hence the $23b. Obviously depends what it ends up being.

Even presuming those numbers are accurate, that does not mean Ruiz is walking home with $23b in cash in his pocket.

Advertisement

First of all, SPAC means Special Purpose Acquisition Corporation.

SPACs was a major focus of one company of another famous U Miami benefactor billionaire. Think Frost music school and Frost Band of the Hour: Philip Frost.

If I'm not mistaken, Ruiz sold about 1% of one of his companies (MSP RECOVERY) for about $330 million in value. Hence, Ruiz's company (outside of the SPAC: LIONHEART <ticker: LCAP nasdaq>) would be technically valued at about $33 billion!!!

The SPAC has gone up in value since he sold his 1%, so his Net Worth Computation, I assume, would have risen (on paper) to his percentage ownership of MSP multiplied by about $35 billion.

If he owns 70% of MSP, and the MSP owners got cash for selling the ~1% to LIONHEART, then he got about $230 million in cash, and a paper valuation for his remaining MSP ownership of about $23 billion.

This is all what I understand from personal experience regarding SPACs and a quick glance at an article yesterday about Ruiz, LIONHEART and MSP RECOVERY.... so I apologize if I have misread, or misinterpreted anything!!

Last edited:
Advertisement
First of all, SPAC means Special Purpose Acquisition Corporation.

SPACs was a major focus of one company of another famous U Miami benefactor billionaire. Think Frost music school and Frost Band of the Hour: Philip Frost.

If I'm not mistaken, Ruiz sold about 1% of one of his companies (MSP RECOVERY) for about $330 million in value. Hence, Ruiz's company (outside of the SPAC: LIONHEART <ticker: LCAP nasdaq>) would be technically valued at about $33 billion!!!

The SPAC has gone up in value since he sold his 1%, so his Net Worth Computation, I assume, would have risen (on paper) to his percentage ownership of MSP multiplied by about $35 billion.

If he owns 70% of MSP, and the MSP owners got cash for selling the ~1% to LIONHEART, then he got about $230 million in cash, and a paper valuation for his remaining MSP ownership of about $23 billion.

This is all what I understand from personal experience regarding SPACs and a quick glance at an article yesterday about Ruiz, LIONHEART and MSP RECOVERY.... so I apologize if I have misread, or misinterpreted anything!!

Finally someone who explains this lol

Even presuming those numbers are accurate, that does not mean Ruiz is walking home with $23b in cash in his pocket.

Yeah, I don't think anybody who does not deal in a cash business like drug trafficking has a "B" in cash on their balance sheet or checking account. At least not personally. Anybody who amasses that much net worth knows to put it to use

THAT depends. If the SPAC that was originally planned actually is approved by the Securities Exchange Commission and goes through at the initially projected stock price ... then YES his % ownership in the company would be worth in excess of $23 billion in stock value. His sale of that stock would be limited so it wouldn't be liquid ... but would have an incredible base for cashing in shares over time if the company performed and stock value was maintained or increased.

@dycane are you John Ruiz? If so, cool.. congrats.. thanks... (obligatory)... but can you explain LifeWallet to me? It doesn't sound safe.

Advertisement
Back