3/17/24 Game 20: UNC 1pm ACCNX

We got destroyed but it could be worse. Virginia has given up 68 runs in their first 6 ACC games. And that game is not technically over yet

Told ya’ll UVA is overrated & that pitching is deplorable. They have a hot O, & a terrible Pitching Staff this season.

Regardless, great gutsy victory yesterday to seal the series against another Top 25 opponent. Would like to be better than 2-2 for the weeks, but it’s better than 1-3 or 0-4.

Mark Light has been kind to us in late innings this season. As I’ve said all along, can’t keep playing w/ fire b/c it’s not good for the long run. Really liked how we approached the game Friday; just wish that was the norm.

Advertisement
Told ya’ll UVA is overrated & that pitching is deplorable. They have a hot O, & a terrible Pitching Staff this season.

Regardless, great gutsy victory yesterday to seal the series against another Top 25 opponent. Would like to be better than 2-2 for the weeks, but it’s better than 1-3 or 0-4.

Mark Light has been kind to us in late innings this season. As I’ve said all along, can’t keep playing w/ fire b/c it’s not good for the long run. Really liked how we approached the game Friday; just wish that was the norm.
They should not have been ranked with that god awful pitching staff

Advertisement
I would agree with you if we hadn't lost today and hadn't lost the midweek game.

FAU is a quality team, and going 4-2 against Top 25 gotta mean something, u would think. But, u’re right, the loss to FAU most likely keeps us out.

Advertisement
Amazing we’re 4-2 when the ACC pitching and fielding stats are absolutely horrifying. Only Ziehl and Robert with an ERA below 6.5, 2.19 team WHIP, and a less than 2:1 strikeout to walk ratio.
It is, and yet we are 11-8 after a month long home stand. We have hit 42 homeruns in 19 games, also amazing. Much rougher waters ahead.

Advertisement
Amazing we’re 4-2 when the ACC pitching and fielding stats are absolutely horrifying. Only Ziehl and Robert with an ERA below 6.5, 2.19 team WHIP, and a less than 2:1 strikeout to walk ratio.
And either ACC teams are very over-rated, or there's a lot of parity and big question marks surrounding a lot of the teams that were supposed to be good.

And either ACC teams are very over-rated, or there's a lot of parity and big question marks surrounding a lot of the teams that were supposed to be good.
The second option probably hits the nail on the head, but you also know I think UNC is perennially overrated

Advertisement
Your stats are not even close to accurate
Math error on the WHIP. It’s a still quite high, but not as bad, 1.98 in conference play.

I’m getting a 1.84 K/BB ratio (48K/ 26BB) in ACC play. The ERAs the school provided for ACC games speak for themselves.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back