3/1/24 Game 10: UF 5-4 L

Advertisement
Since Sullivan was hired we have absolutely no business being on the same field as that club. Legitimately we are a midweek caliber opponent to these guys. Never seen anything like it as a fan of this once great program and can’t say I’ve seen this type of bullying done to a rival school across the nation.

I'll still say Diaz because we paid Temple $4 million. J.D. came cheap, but he will be gone next year. Dye is already cast. J.D. hire is more embarrassing because we had a real candidate with success who wanted the job.
What leads you to believe JD will be one and done? Based on Rad’s history he’ll give him 15 years to make the tournament.

Advertisement
Since Sullivan was hired we have absolutely no business being on the same field as that club. Legitimately we are a midweek caliber opponent to these guys. Never seen anything like it as a fan of this once great program and can’t say I’ve seen this type of bullying done to a rival school across the nation.
Sully owns us. There is no question. But we look like a midweek opponent against everyone. A lot of 80-Pooh out of the pen, terrible defense, and guys that have no approach at the plate. If someone throws strikes with any consistency and has one off speed pitch, it’s over. And it’s been this way for years. We look like a JuCo team physically and play like a little league team mentally

Advertisement
Sully owns us. There is no question. But we look like a midweek opponent against everyone. A lot of 80-Pooh out of the pen, terrible defense, and guys that have no approach at the plate. If someone throws strikes with any consistency and has one off speed pitch, it’s over. And it’s been this way for years. We look like a JuCo team physically and play like a little league team mentally
It was obvious to anyone being honest that the program needed a clean out last summer. Unfortunately, the country club is self perpetuating.

Parks And Recreation America GIF by PeacockTV

Advertisement
Half the gators are Tampa Bay kids……lots of lawyer kids. I don’t think Miami recruits the area.
We need Mario to start recruiting for the baseball team. I definitely think recruiting is too narrow.

I have no idea how the coaches recruit. It seems like they primarily rely on local talent and hoping it turns into generational talent.

There just doesn't seem to be system. What I mean is a system where you are recruiting a certain type of player such as wanting tall fast players or recruiting a certain type or shortstop.

Our announcers were talking about all of Florida's pitchers being well over 6 feet tall. That's a recruiting choice. A system of of identifying guys of certain traits and recruiting to those traits. You get consistent outcomes of players performing the way your system is designed.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back