Rumor 2nd REALLY STRONG Recruiting Wave About to Hit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I was in Lisbon last month and stopped off at Nazare on the way from the Duoro Valley to Lisbon. You didn’t miss much (neat little beach town but the set is just North). The waves were probably head and a half high but nothing like what comes during the winter months.
I’ve taken my kids to the DR and PR to surf but never in the winter when the waves are bigger. We were in Lisbon this summer but never made it up to Nazare.

Some waves are slow. Think longboard waves and most Florida waves. I would say no ore than 15 MPH. Faster waves think Bali bukit peninsula etc require short boards and I think 20 MPH is accurate. Huge waves like Nazarre in Portugal are another thing and prob 30 mph? All are fast enough. The harder thing is the split sec you have to get up from prone and set your line. You have to do that on at most 2 Sec.
The big waves like Jaws, Nazare' and other places hitting 60 to 80 foot plus waves the surfers are hitting over 40 to 50 mph. The big waves are moving over 20 mph and the speed going down the wave is probably around 25 plus. We used to surf behind water ski boats all the time way back in the day and would hit over 50 mph. Used to be able to make it though a slalom course on a Sunset single fin 6'2" Shaun Tomson board. This was at Cypress Gardens Florida back when it was the water ski capital of the world.

Was down in the DR decades ago on the north shore during a record winter north swell. We were shooting a tourism film of the whole country for over a month. Beautiful country with over 10,000 foot mountains. What a coast line. For a couple of weeks we were flying around helicopters shooting the beaches and to land in certain places. The waves were over 15 feet up and down the coast and we were flying right over the top of these waves. This was for days from Puerta Plata to Samana Bay.

We were staying at Sosua bay for a couple of days and ended up hitting a couple of those waves at probably over 12 feet.

The big waves like Jaws, Nazare' and other places hitting 60 to 80 foot plus waves the surfers are hitting over 40 to 50 mph. The big waves are moving over 20 mph and the speed going down the wave is probably around 25 plus. We used to surf behind water ski boats all the time way back in the day and would hit over 50 mph. Used to be able to make it though a slalom course on a Sunset single fin 6'2" Shaun Tomson board. This was at Cypress Gardens Florida back when it was the water ski capital of the world.

Was down in the DR decades ago on the north shore during a record winter north swell. We were shooting a tourism film of the whole country for over a month. Beautiful country with over 10,000 foot mountains. What a coast line. For a couple of weeks we were flying around helicopters shooting the beaches and to land in certain places. The waves were over 15 feet up and down the coast and we were flying right over the top of these waves. This was for days from Puerta Plata to Samana Bay.

We were staying at Sosua bay for a couple of days and ended up hitting a couple of those waves at probably over 12 feet.
I’ve been to all of those areas many times. I love it there.

Advertisement
homer simpson cowabunga GIF

Lol true maybe vice versa for me. If you haven’t been there, try parador Corazon de Jesus in jarabacoa. Not too far from Santiago. Excellent smoked ribs with an amazing view.
Bro, the craziest thing is that the day you posted this, my wife’s Aunt and Uncle were in Jarabacoa with my stepdaughter and took her to Corazon de Jesús. Wow.

021CFFB8-AA93-4584-B232-31445EFE783B.jpeg

Advertisement
Bro, the craziest thing is that the day you posted this, my wife’s Aunt and Uncle were in Jarabacoa with my stepdaughter and took her to Corazon de Jesús. Wow.

View attachment 202913
GET THE FVCK OUTTA HERE!!! Wow dude. That’s crazy. What a coincidence. That Place is awesome. Glad they got to go. Now you gotta go whenever you’re there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back