247 Updated Rankings

Excuse me? 😂
1781113260424.gif
 
Yea each of these companies, usually lock in on "their guy" and it takes alot to have them move off.. they like elijah and when all were camping, most have said he needs work, but that is machine so its whatever.. 247 loves Izzy so it works both ways..
I agree a tiny bit in part but not entirely. On3 and 247 are much more aligned even with their differences compared to ESPN who is always slow af & lagging behind w/ more obvious thumb on their scale.

On3 has Mencl the #1 qb and still placed him fifth at the elite 11 while he didn’t make the elite 11 finals / Nike the opening scheduled to take place on Oregon’s campus. On3 ranked Izzy third so they weren’t far off 247. On3 and 247 were had like 7-9 of the final 11 elite 11 staff put out on their respective lists.

Meanwhile who at ESPN was even covering the event? They held an Under Armour combine in Baltimore that same weekend. Respect to Tom L cuz he does travel to so many schools each spring but their staff footprint is so much smaller than their two competitors.

it’s not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but there is a quality difference between 247 + On3 compared to ESPN.
 
A few guys got bumps - Randle, Abrams, Wright, Ayangbile, Jenkins. #3 class on composite.

93.07 class average, anything over 93 is elite so we land one of Jacobs/Henderson/MJC and we really set this mf off.
93 class average and above is as ELITE as it gets. You're talking only a few teams that have been able to achieve that over the course of a whole class.

**** this feels good!
 
Staff be ahead on them evals. Yup, and they be early on alot of guys. People see names, look on 247, long face. 5 months later....get the Vaseline.
Guilty but in my defense I don’t be eyeing high school athletes so I have no clue if they good or not. I trust the staff and if posters are excited. Then I get excited.
 
Guilty but in my defense I don’t be eyeing high school athletes so I have no clue if they good or not. I trust the staff and if posters are excited. Then I get excited.
Naa i understand. I started understanding, that its not their ranking, especially not those initial ones from Sophomore and mid junior seasons. Its their physical attributes first, then the tape.
 
I really wish 247 and/or Rivals would just drop espn from their composites. Does anyone even work on that recruiting staff anymore?
It's just Tom Luginbill sitting by himself in his basement, playing NCAA College Football 26 & making his rankings up in his head.

I don’t even think they do ESPN camps in Spring/Summer.

Maybe they do, but I've never heard of one.
 
Back
Top