247 Update on Admin Changes

Advertisement
Radakovich is top choice... every other candidate has been mentioned other than him dropping an out of the box name in Jim Frevola.

If this source is accurate Radakovich makes less than I thought

Cristobal has a side deal with Phil Knight which boosts his salary.

However, Oregon has a terrible state tax which plays in our favor.
yes. I heard that. I was "chatting" with a guy out in Oregon recently. heard all about the side deal - he said no one really knows the $$ amount but it is assumed to be a minimum of $1 mill.

Advertisement
Agree on Zo and Gino. Big part of the AD is fundraising - I'm sure Gino can do that well. The other part is hiring head coaches and laying out a vision for how the sports programs should be run. Not sure he has much experience on that and I don't believe Zo does either.

I dont think fundraising is hard if you actually put out a good program. The reason Blake had a job was because Donna and cronies did not give a **** about football but still wanted to get donations.

Advertisement
Miami would not be moving forward with this if they didn't have an idea of who they could land. I imagine they have a solid list of 2 or 3 for AD and for HC. If Mario comes to Miami, Knight and Oregon should go all in for Lane. I personally would like to see Lane anywhere far from LSU, or worst, UF.

Also, shout out to David Lake who has been kicking *** this past month with inside stories and accurate reporting. Also Daryl Streeter at canesville broke the Blake James story weeks ago NOT Tim Reynolds. Give Streeter credit. People discredit him because he is a black guy that wears fitted hats but he is as locked in as anyone.
What's wrong with fitted hats?

Advertisement
Tony was loved here, he moved on with Hocutt because he always wanted to come back after he got additional experience. Frankly, a lot of people have said that once he left, the AD office started to break down, because he carried so much. I know a lot of our fans think Hocutt was a failure, there's a reason why he's highly respected in the industry. Honestly, Miami would have been better off had he stayed. He was the first AD hire since Sam that had legit potential.

Chun would be a good choice too, very talented guy that has the resume.

Jurich is the splash hire, although he is moving in towards the end of his career. That said, if he still has the fastball, he is extremely good. He would flip the conference, especially considering that he has no problem ruffling feathers in regards to fighting the big schools. Miami needs a guerrilla general, and Jurich would be it.
Tony and I went to UM together and we've known each other for a long time. Great guy but no idea if he has the chops to be an AD at this point.

Advertisement
From an FAU grad lane hates pat chun. Pat chun is an idiot as AD take his name off of the list. Brian white worked better with lane even though he didnt hire him. Chun didnt really either. The school president stepped in and talked to lane.

Advertisement
Back