247 Team Recruit Rankings (updated today)

DHucks

Popping popcorn.......
1.) Alabama
2.) Texas A&M
3.) Texas
4.) Miami (Fla.)
5.) Tennessee

Moving on up.

Advertisement
Rivals: #6

Scout: #13 (wtf?)

ESPN: #12 (wtf?)

I think we actually dropped a few spots on ESPN.

Both Scout and ESPN have us with 18 commits, so I don't get it.

Are you the same guys that post threads about stars not mattering... this is the same thing, rankings of teams recruiting should not matter to you guys...with 3 and less star guys committing we are not going to win any recruiting battles...on the field is what matters correct?

247 doesn't have 2 of our players ranked yet.

Scout doesn't have 4 of our players ranked yet.

Rivals has 3 players as 2 stars (not sure if they were evaluated or not)

ESPN doesn't have 5 of our players ranked yet.

These team rankings don't mean anything when a quarter of our class hasn't even been evaluated by these services.

Are you the same guys that post threads about stars not mattering... this is the same thing, rankings of teams recruiting should not matter to you guys...with 3 and less star guys committing we are not going to win any recruiting battles...on the field is what matters correct?

I know the rankings at this point don't matter.

I'm merely commenting on the disparity between the different recruiting sites.

Advertisement

We are Miami...most top recruits lose stars when they commit to Miami...Duke undeniably a 5 star player since his soph year in HS had to BEG for his 5th star after his Senior year...that is what we Face..at the end of the Day Al is getting Jimmy and Joes...That is a Solid thing and Much needed for a huge run in 2014

It probably matters more at the end of the year and truthfully, that probably does not matter that much either. What's more important is these guys turn out to be productive players for the U...

Go Canes!

We are Miami...most top recruits lose stars when they commit to Miami...Duke undeniably a 5 star player since his soph year in HS had to BEG for his 5th star after his Senior year...that is what we Face..at the end of the Day Al is getting Jimmy and Joes...That is a Solid thing and Much needed for a huge run in 2014

We just had like 4 guys go from 0 stars to 3 stars directly after they committed to us, which happens all the time, so I still can't figure where all this bull**** started

Rankings shouldn't matter so much to the fans but it does matter to other recruits. The younger you are the more it matters I suppose.

Advertisement
Rivals: #6

Scout: #13 (wtf?)

ESPN: #12 (wtf?)

I think we actually dropped a few spots on ESPN.

Both Scout and ESPN have us with 18 commits, so I don't get it.

I actually don't get the high rivals and 247 rankings in light of all of these recent 2-3 star commits.

Advertisement

More about what Golden and staff are doing, than stars in my opinion. Continuing to create a positive buzz around the program.

Advertisement
One thing that helps is that recruits do look at the rankings - if they're good they will may be impressed and want to get on-board before it is to late. Or if they're not that confident - maybe they just want to have a "safe" school...who knows?

That said, 247 does seem to go on volume AND some of their individual rankings are higher then other services. All that really counts is how good they are when they hit the field for the Canes!

I stopped caring about stars when Shanon brought in the #1 class in the country and we busted. Hopefully Golden can continue briging in recruits and coach them up. Stars and rankings should be determined 3 years down the road when hopefully were winning the ACC and playing in BCS games.

One thing that helps is that recruits do look at the rankings - if they're good they will may be impressed and want to get on-board before it is to late. Or if they're not that confident - maybe they just want to have a "safe" school...who knows?

That said, 247 does seem to go on volume AND some of their individual rankings are higher then other services. All that really counts is how good they are when they hit the field for the Canes!

+1

Recruits will look at that. Kids that are committed always brag "look at my school we're ranked blah blah blah in recruiting" Then they want to get "Big time" recruits to further enhance the team and their teams recruting rankings.

Advertisement
Back