247 Sports Mock Draft has Phillips top 5

I asked that ? to the board. Out of sight, out of mind, man. Phillips is really coming on, and he’s playing for a top 10 team. I dunno. Optics looking good for Phillips. Not sure he’s a top 5 pick, but still.

phillips is the elite athlete obviously and hes been better against the run than Gr15. i dont think hes a top 5 pick yet but hes what teams want when picking an edge rusher

Advertisement
phillips is the elite athlete obviously and hes been better against the run than Gr15. i dont think hes a top 5 pick yet but hes what teams want when picking an edge rusher

also if your concerns with greg are playing one season, then the same concerns sit with phillips but more with injuries and such. both have massive seasons in what could be their only season really

Am I reading that mock draft wrong, or does it have Kyle Pitts as the #4 overall selection in the NFL draft? Off the top of my head, Winslow and Vernon Davis were #6 overall picks. I can't think of another TE taken that high in the draft. But, I've got history only back to the 80s. Would a #4 overall pick make Pitts the highest selection ever for a TE? Mind you, Pitts is good, but cot****.
Kiper had him 4th as well.

Don’t think Pitts will play TE in the league. He’s more of a big WR. He really doesn’t block at all. Maybe in a Saints offense or something along those lines.
Your username does you justice here. Pitts is an incredible talent but he needs to be detached from the formation and schemed opportunities. He'll never be an in-line guy who plays 80+% of snaps. Right now of the teams in the top 10 only Cincy and Philly could fit him. I don't see him getting past Arizona or New England though.

As for Phillips I've been saying he's gonna be a huge riser but he'll be competing with Kwity Paye and Ossai to be the top EDGE selected. I'm guessing Rousseau will be targeted as more of a 5-tech and interior rusher.

Advertisement
And he should be he worked hard to return to the game and ball out.. but I’m praying 🙏🏾 that he comes back
I agree go chase that paper bc of what he’s been thru if he can be a top 2 round pick go. I would love him to stay but he’s one that needs to go get the money while he still can

Advertisement
Don’t think Pitts will play TE in the league. He’s more of a big WR. He really doesn’t block at all. Maybe in a Saints offense or something along those lines.
There are alot of offenses that don't have the TEs block much. Gisecki on the phins doesn't seem to block much.......he's a split wide TE

Your username does you justice here. Pitts is an incredible talent but he needs to be detached from the formation and schemed opportunities. He'll never be an in-line guy who plays 80+% of snaps. Right now of the teams in the top 10 only Cincy and Philly could fit him. I don't see him getting past Arizona or New England though.

As for Phillips I've been saying he's gonna be a huge riser but he'll be competing with Kwity Paye and Ossai to be the top EDGE selected. I'm guessing Rousseau will be targeted as more of a 5-tech and interior rusher.
You think GR15 has the power and ****nal of pass rush moves to be an effective interior rusher in the League?

Advertisement
You think GR15 has the power and ****nal of pass rush moves to be an effective interior rusher in the League?
Right now? No. But he can do damage on stunts and generally use his length to clean up plays.

Here's a guy who's not as athletic as Rousseau but is starting to come into his own as an interior disruptor with his length and hands. GR just needs development.

Advertisement
Whoever suggested top 5 pick is absolutely clueless & has no credibility. Sorry, the kid is a Cane, talented and plays his heart out, but there is no way he'll go top 5.

Advertisement
Back