247 Sports Mock Draft has Phillips top 5

Hey, I gave and give him credit. He looks exceptional this season. But, cot****. Highest selected TE in the history of the sport?
Doesn't make sense. Then again, "positions of need" fon't have a great track record in NFL drafts...

Advertisement
So the crowd who still thinks he’s a 2-3 round guy can go sit down now. 2nd mock draft that’s had him in the top 5. (CBS did as well) So people are taking notice that he’s at least a first round talent. Mind you this isn’t the preseason Mock either. End of the year mock drafts are usually more accurate.
Based on my research, post draft mock draft lists are very accurate.

If he test well he should be a mid-high first round draft pick. He’s a great run defender and contains very well and he’s becoming unblockable as a pass rusher. His size, athleticism, and motor are top notch and he’s coming in strong at the end of the year. I wanted the Dolphins to pick him up with their 2nd round pick and Rousseau with the first but I doubt either will be there at our picks in the first or second round.

If I were an agent and I was unscrupulous. I would befriend an “analyst” at a national publication and ask him to write one of those meaningless mock drafts — that he can always change later (“I’m hearing…”) — and overrate a prospect I was trying to sign. Just saying.

Advertisement
Hey, I gave and give him credit. He looks exceptional this season. But, cot****. Highest selected TE in the history of the sport?

seems right because he is just as good in the traditional te role as he is split out as the mismatched receiver. also need to consider that this year's draft is a crapshoot. pitts has been dominating people while other highly-considered prospects have opted-out and/or have limited film making gms scratch their heads a bit more than they were a few months ago. lots of questions about commitment/loyalty coming up or if those prospects chose to opt-out so their flaws wouldn't be exposed through the season.

i almost puked typing that because he's a gator, but have to give credit to the kid for going out there and balling out.

Last edited:
Keep in mind its a mock draft from a writer or group of writers... what feedback is he getting from the NFL scouts

Advertisement
Kids are watching and see who’s portal U. That’s why I’m thinking we should close up shop after Garcia. Especially if T2 and mason goes elsewhere . Hit the the greatest portal class you’ll ever have and shop like we’re a millionaires wife.

Kids are watching and see who’s portal U. That’s why I’m thinking we should close up shop after Garcia. Especially if T2 and mason goes elsewhere . Hit the the greatest portal class you’ll ever have and shop like we’re a millionaires wife.

great case study for Manny and staff...from medically retired to top 10 pick.

Kid will test like a freak at the combine. He may sneak his way into the 1st rd with 3 great games to end the season. Good for him and he has no reason to come back.

He is truly the only who should go early.

I still think Brevin leaves early but I think at this point the rest return.

Advertisement

from manny’s interview yesterday. Sounds like they want A few more guys and I just get the feeling he thinks the floodgates open after February for roster caps and that’s when they will go portal fishing.

I agree with this, along with adding McBurrows. Just definitely need a HS corner. I just wish the staff would take a look at Scooby Carter (JUCO, former 5* CB from Bama) to bring in.

Advertisement
I agree with this, along with adding McBurrows. Just definitely need a HS corner. I just wish the staff would take a look at Scooby Carter (JUCO, former 5* CB from Bama) to bring in.
They’d prefer a cb but it’s not an end all. There’ll be more than just upperclassmen leaving this off-season, they can grab a couple in the portal if need be.

I think a point I tried to make is that the mock draft author seems full of ****. For example, he has the Dolphins selecting a Guard with their 2nd 1st round pick and calling it a tremendous get. Problem is the Phins paid out Flowers (LG) and drafted a relatively successful RG who's playing as a rookie. He has Micah Parsons falling to #15, which would be highly surprising. In other words, I believe this particular mock draft is not much more than throwing darts at the wall.

I have no idea where Pitts will ultimately go, but a historical outlier is a **** of a rise. Plus, your point about team needs and draft slots is one I'm vehemently against. You don't reach for the TE in the top 5 because you may lose Hunter Henry. I mean, you can, but it's horrific value. It brings to mind many of the Phins' terrible "need-based" picks.

I'm aware of how the TE position has changed in 30 years. Even so, take a look at recent TE picks. TJ Hockenson went #8 overall in 2019 and that doesn't look awesome right now. In 2020, no TE was taken in R1. I disagree taking Pitts over a whole host of premium positions is not a big deal. I think you want more value out of a Top 5 pick. We can come back to this thread, I guess. If the Chargers bypass all those premium players who play premium positions to take Pitts #4 overall, I'll eat my serving of crow, but patiently wait for the pick to later seem like giant reach.
Yeah, this mock is ****. No way the Dolphins pick and OG in the first round. They start three pretty good rookies right now. Also, Phillips has been excellent but is he really top five already??? I don't think so. This kid just started playing after injuries and transfer. I guess it's a down year for Edge rushers, but he could really use another year in college.

Advertisement
Back