247 ceo predicting torrance gibson to miami

I've watched Gibson in person three times and he has an average QB. His athletic ability is off the charts but having the attributes to be a very QB is not one of them. If Gibson wants to leave his ego at the door, then come to Miami as a WR, get an education and head off to the NFL. If you want to pursue a dream, go to OSU and never make it to the Show...

Advertisement
Maybe I am in the minority...

I just think miami should always recruit great pro style qbs that can pull the trigger and get the ball in
Their playmakers hands....we have way too much talent on this roster and in the "state of Florida"
For us to get a dual threat type or a kid that is just a great athlete

I just think miami should always recruit great pro style qbs that can pull the trigger and get the ball in
Their playmakers hands....we have way too much talent on this roster and in the "state of Florida"

I see where your coming from but times have changed, having a qb who will not and can't scramble for the first allows other defense to stay in coverage and makes a DC job easier. It gives us one less threat on offense. I would rather have a pass first qb and can run and pick up first downs. In critical situations, Winston excells when having to run which is a reason why FSU offense is so dangerous.

I see where your coming from but times have changed, having a qb who will not and can't scramble for the first allows other defense to stay in coverage and makes a DC job easier. It gives us one less threat on offense. I would rather have a pass first qb and can run and pick up first downs. In critical situations, Winston excells when having to run which is a reason why FSU offense is so dangerous.

Tahj Boyd
Donovan McNabb
Johnny Manziel
Troy Smith
Jameis Winston
Marcus Mariota

are the ideal QB's for today's college football. That's the ideal, but if I'm choosing between Terrelle Pryor and Matt Leinart, I'm taking Leinart ever time. It's especially relevant to our situation because we will never struggle to find skill position talent. We will always have WR and we will always have running backs. Guys like Terrelle Pryor are awesome for teams who need an extra weapon. We simply need someone who can deliver the football to our explosive weapons.

Torrance Gibson isn't even CLOSE to the guys I mentioned who would be ideal QB's in today's college football landscape. He's incredibly raw as a passer and him going to Ohio State lets you know EXACTLY how interested he is in becoming a great passer. The fact that he's developing as slowly as he is, is a testament to his work ethic as well. Not interested in a QB that ain't trying to master the position, as I believe that mentality is a poor one for the defacto leader of your football team to have.

I'll take our guys all day, everyday, and twice on Sunday.

Yea but kids still want to see if they can make it to the nfl and the nfl wants to know can they use the weapons that are at their disposal

All the qbs you listed only ine had a decent career at the next level

Manziel tithe jury is still out in him
Mc babb could not adjust after he lost his head coach

I like the idea of taking a ken Dorsey type any day dual threats were around then so it was not that long ago
But we win our national championship witht him and have not been the same since

Advertisement
Yea but kids still want to see if they can make it to the nfl and the nfl wants to know can they use the weapons that are at their disposal

All the qbs you listed only ine had a decent career at the next level

Manziel tithe jury is still out in him
Mc babb could not adjust after he lost his head coach

I like the idea of taking a ken Dorsey type any day dual threats were around then so it was not that long ago
But we win our national championship witht him and have not been the same since

Dorsey didn't have ANY career at the next level.

I'm not concerned with that.

My preference is to have an RGIII type at QB.

More than willing to have a guy like Kaaya or Allison.

Advertisement
Back