247 ceo predicting torrance gibson to miami

eddostarr

Freshman
october 7 too , I think james coley has a real chance , elite receivers and kaaya who didnt even enroll early is killing it as a true freshman ... defense is still a working progress but the future of the offense is looking good , even if they dont land gibson .
247sports.com/Player/Torrance-Gibson-21466

Advertisement
october 7 too , I think james coley has a real chance , elite receivers and kaaya who didnt even enroll early is killing it as a true freshman ... defense is still a working progress but the future of the offense is looking good , even if they dont land gibson .

as a QB or WR or ....."the opportunity to play QB..blah blah blah...but play WR"?

Has Urban Meyer cooled on him or does the recent play of that Barrett kid at OSU scare Gibson away now?

as a QB or WR or ....."the opportunity to play QB..blah blah blah...but play WR"?

Has Urban Meyer cooled on him or does the recent play of that Barrett kid at OSU scare Gibson away now?

the recent play of Kayaa should scare him away too. that fact that he played around with recruiting as a "QB" where QBs jump on fast, he screwed himself. i see him at Ohio St. but getting converted to a receiver very quickly.

I'm ok if he comes ok if he doesn't. Between Lawson and "JACK DA RIPPER" Coley has all the toys he needs you add Torrance and Manuel with some cover corners I like that gumbo!

the recent play of Kayaa should scare him away too. that fact that he played around with recruiting as a "QB" where QBs jump on fast, he screwed himself. i see him at Ohio St. but getting converted to a receiver very quickly.

But do you think HE sees that. I'd love to think that he realizes his best path to future success and the NFL is as a WR and ....as a WR playing at the U catching passes from Kaaya and Jack Allison!

Advertisement
welp lmfao , disregard .

but to answer the kaaya thing he can start 3 years at quarterback if he red shirts and kaaya plays his senior year , with the weapons were getting at receiver/tight end/ running back plus a soft ACC schedule I think its a possible sell

Last edited:
With how barret is playing and braxton coming back, with urbans lies, that all is enough to look somewhere else, id take the kid at QB give him a shot and if it doesnt pan out then move him, something we should have done from the start, but hey you are talking about the staff that said rudolph would be a better DB than WR

But do you think HE sees that. I'd love to think that he realizes his best path to future success and the NFL is as a WR and ....as a WR playing at the U catching passes from Kaaya and Jack Allison!
I think he knows. I just think he wants to be a QB really bad. He may end up going to a school completely off the radar because. Tennessee looks like they got their QBs. Ohio State QB situation he will never play, Our QB situation he will never play until senior year and Alison or Lawson might best him out. Arizona Freshman is balling. But I think Arizona is his best fit.

Advertisement
He was 72.35% accurate last season. Interesting.

Thats interesting cuz I was hearing accuracy was an issue. What kind of offense was it? Miami is and will always be pro-style...as it should.

For him I guess he can always go to a smaller place or even someplace like Minnesota or even NIU where he can flourish in college. But then what?

who was? Gibson?

even if so, dont look at those stats. they mean nothing. I've seen a couple of AH games and most of his throws are bubble screens or short passes & if not there he takes off. Also remember the talent on that team last year. If he wants to be Terrelle Pryor? then he'll have fun at Osu or Aub..If he wants a future in the NFL? then he'll switch to WR asap..look at Denard Robinson

Advertisement
With how barret is playing and braxton coming back, with urbans lies, that all is enough to look somewhere else, id take the kid at QB give him a shot and if it doesnt pan out then move him, something we should have done from the start, but hey you are talking about the staff that said rudolph would be a better DB than WR

Maybe we would be an amazing DB....but he looks like he will do just fine as a WR. The problem with doing something like you said...bringing him here with a "shot at starting" just seems like a no win situation. I have read lots of posts here about bad coaches who lie to kids, etc. Whether he is right or wrong in the long run, maybe its best to not mislead a kid and bring about ill will amongst the HS coaches

Maybe with all the qbs leaving or being kicked off maybe UM is giving him the chance at QB and it changed his mine also

who was? Gibson?

even if so, dont look at those stats. they mean nothing. I've seen a couple of AH games and most of his throws are bubble screens or short passes & if not there he takes off. Also remember the talent on that team last year. If he wants to be Terrelle Pryor? then he'll have fun at Osu or Aub..If he wants a future in the NFL? then he'll switch to WR asap..look at Denard Robinson

Blanket statements like these always amaze me. What exactly does he have in common with Denard Robinson as a player? And what makes you think he'll be a good receiver other than he's tall and fast? No one knows how good his hands are, he isn't particularly sudden, nor does anyone know if he has the physicality to fight off DB's and make catches in traffic. More goes into playing the position that just being able to run fast in a straight line.

He has work to do like all HS QB's, but his best bet is to play QB. More and more teams, even at the NFL level, are getting more athletic at the position. He has every tool needed to be a high draft pick at the position. I'm not saying he couldn't play WR, but he could play QB just as easily. Not sure why everyone wants to pigeonhole the kid.

Advertisement

who was? Gibson?

Blanket statements like these always amaze me. What exactly does he have in common with Denard Robinson as a player? And what makes you think he'll be a good receiver other than he's tall and fast? No one knows how good his hands are, he isn't particularly sudden, nor does anyone know if he has the physicality to fight off DB's and make catches in traffic. More goes into playing the position that just being able to run fast in a straight line.

He has work to do like all HS QB's, but his best bet is to play QB. More and more teams, even at the NFL level, are getting more athletic at the position. He has every tool needed to be a high draft pick at the position. I'm not saying he couldn't play WR, but he could play QB just as easily. Not sure why everyone wants to pigeonhole the kid.

I'm basing my knowledge of his WR potential on some posts here from people who said they watched him play WR in, I think, some 7 on 7 games? Someone? yes?

who was? Gibson?

Nice essay, dude. I was talking about the CEO of 247. Not much of a blanket statement.

who was? Gibson?

You obviously havent seen him on 7v7. hes not even the qb on his team, but he is a BEAST at WR! n i dont wanna hear about its different when you put the pads on. as soft as football is nowawadays it might as well be 7on7. his route running isnt great but that's something that he can work on. he's 1st round NFL talent at WR & thats not an exaggeration, as many other ppl who have also seen him play WR have said. I made the Denard Robinson comparison as someone who shouldnt have played QB in college ,but was so electric with the ball in his hands that Michigan let him play there & what is he now? playing RB in the NFL

i still say bring him in to play QB. He won't beat out Malik or Lawson. Get him that red shirt year and used to college football then propose to him to play wide receiver.

Advertisement
Back