24/7 talks about good news for Tate!

Jarren will beat him out even if he gets the waiver.

Jarren is a stud, and this is a REAL possibility.

In fact, because of finally got great QB coaching, and because Rosier has graduated, I don't write off anyone in the room other then Matocha.

Advertisement
I'm not sold the NCAA is going to do us any favors. Fields was "directly" the recipient of racist comments. Martells argument will be that he couldn't be a part of the Buckeyes protection of domestic violence abusers. He's indirectly affected. NCAA has plausible cover to justify denying Tate's eligibility even after granting Fields waiver.
Can someone please make me understand something. If UGA is such a racist and threatening institution towards black folk why his baby sister committed too and continuing to play Softball for UGA? Serious question? He ran from competition and a dumb *** racist baseball player gave him the perfect out. Tate had a coaching change. Much better case in my opinion.

Last edited:
I understand where you’re coming from but I’ve always felt Fields’ claim is weak. Someone yelled a racial slur? In the Deep South? Based on this every player of minority heritage could transfer with immediate eligibility.

The only word Fields has trouble with is ‘backup’.
It's all about the lawyer.

Jarren is a stud, and this is a REAL possibility.

In fact, because of finally got great QB coaching, and because Rosier has graduated, I don't write off anyone in the room other then Matocha.
:zczkqmritjdsoaq.jpg:

Advertisement

If the NCAA grants Martell's waiver!!! It will make this team sooo much more unpredictable. Please Please Please make it happen

I hope he gets the waiver but not because I think he he is a shoe in to start. I think a true battle between him Williams and Kosi would be great for the team. If he gets eligible, it could drastically change our 2019 season. I still want to see what Enos can do with Williams.

Advertisement
Can someone please make me understand something. If UGA is such a racist and threatening institution towards black folk why his baby sister committed too and continuing to play Softball for UGA? Serious question? He ran from competition and a dumb as racist baseball player gave him the perfect out. Tate had a coaching change. Much better case in my opinion.

it's because Justin's waiver wasnt focused on racism at georgia...
uga did everything they could do...they dismissed the racist and for the most part showed zero tolerance towards racism at georgia.
justin argued he chose georgia because of the opportunity to play baseball there.(which was documented)
that racist happened to be a popular baseball player..and dismissing him meant justin joining the baseball team would be awkward at best.
the friday PM news drop drove home the point that every side wanted this behind them (reason for quickie-ish waiver...it was not opposed)

considering 70% of waivers are granted..you'd think odds are that Tate would be eligible for 2019 regardless
but because of his own twitter fingers, his attorney's public comments, and "emotions" of whoever advises the kid... i'm not confident at all.
(and if he truly could have become a grad transfer after spring..there better be a darn good reason to give up that option)

imo, the DV accusations route would be a dead end.
#1 bc the charges that caused the controversy up there were eventually dropped and nothing became of those accusations(outside urban protected a crappy assistant coach for years)
...and #2 there is no actual documentation/convictions of DV (much less how a messy divorce by a WR coach affected tate)
(and 100% chance you'll get OSU opposing you...which will mean a long protracted process )

has Tate's waiver request even been submitted to the NCAA?

Last edited:
it's because Justin's waiver wasnt focused on racism at georgia...
uga did everything they could do...they dismissed the racist and for the most part showed zero tolerance towards racism at georgia.
justin argued he chose georgia because of the opportunity to play baseball there.(which was documented)
that racist happened to be a popular baseball player..and dismissing him meant justin joining the baseball team would be awkward at best.
the friday PM news drop drove home the point that every side wanted this behind them (reason for quickie-ish waiver...it was not opposed)

considering 70% of waivers are granted..you'd think odds are that Tate would be eligible for 2019 regardless
but because of his own twitter fingers, his attorney's public comments, and "emotions" of whoever advises the kid... i'm not confident at all.
(and if he truly could have become a grad transfer after spring..there better be a darn good reason to give up that option)

imo, the DV accusations route wouldd a dead end.
#1 bc the charges that caused the controversy up there were eventually dropped and nothing became of those accusations(outside urban protected a crappy assistant coach for years)
...and #2 there is no actual documentation/convictions of DV outside (much less how a messy divorce by a WR coach affected tate)
(and 100% chance you'll get OSU opposing you...which will mean a long protracted process )

has Tate's waiver request even been submitted to the NCAA?
The knowledge is greatly appreciated.

It was an article of speculation which means absolutely nothing. I do not understand why some of you are getting excited about the article.

If Tate is granted waiver he’s starting. Guys you need to understand he was brought in for a reason. I was team Kosi last year but he’s an idiot and he blew his shot. Weldon has no shot. So it comes down to Williams and I don’t care how competitive it is Tate is diaz’s first QB recruit/transfer if it’s even close it goes to Tate. He’s not coming here to ride the pine. Enos has also raced about him also

Advertisement
When fields was brought in to OSU even if they talked about competition in coaching cliche terms he was going to start no matter his competitive Tate would’ve been

It's Miami vs the NCAA. Stop posting about this kid. He's not playing this year. If he does, it'd be the first win Miami has had against the NCAA in 600 tries.

Advertisement
The Jarren fans should absolutely want Tathan to get the waiver. Having the QB competition now is preferable than Jarren simply beating out N'Kushi but then still having any shortcomings this year always being measured against an unknown entity ready to take the job from him next year.

I'm hopeful he gets the waiver, but in no way to I think the Fields decision means anything for us. NCAA is completely capable of saying no and pointing out that it's a different situation. On paper, Fields has a better argument because racism. He's said that he didn't blame UGA for any of that so I don't see why it bought him a waiver. Of course had he not gotten the waiver he would have gone on about how scarred he was by that a-hole calling him names and the NCAA would have looked bad. I think they can more easily justify not giving Tate the waver, and I firmly believe that the NCAA will never willingly do anything that might help us.

The Jarren fans should absolutely want Tathan to get the waiver. Having the QB competition now is preferable than Jarren simply beating out N'Kushi but then still having any shortcomings this year always being measured against an unknown entity ready to take the job from him next year.

The more guys in the running the better. Anybody that disagrees doesn't want what's best for the team, they just want the guy they've already picked to win so they can be right. And that's a btch move.

Advertisement
Back