24/7 talks about good news for Tate!

View attachment 80259

Amazing narrative that’s taken root. Fields was looking to transfer as soon as it was clear that Kirby was riding with Fromm. It was a rumor for half the freaking season, regardless of the slur (which is a substantial issue all on its own). Meanwhile it was revealed that Tate’s HC had covered up domestic abuse for a decade, and oh yeah, the new staff recruited over him so he was ****ed. Call all the spades the same: Fields and Tate the Great wanted a better situation and that’s their greatest motivating factor. If either one of them was the starter at their respective schools they’d have stayed put.

I don’t even think this is an anti-UM thing though; the press wants there to be unilateral movement for players. Making one more groundbreaking than the other is a matter of perception, and borderline gaslighting.

... and in my opinion this makes it more likely that the NCAA will deny his waiver.

I’m glad you posted that, because I give think it gives context to the environment that we’re in. And what the NCAA might be thinking in terms of a strategy to justify waiver denial.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back