24/7 Spreading False Propaganda

Advertisement
I see some of u guys aren’t into sales; so being that I saw the extended version, & this chopped & screwed edited version, let me explain why both were a bad look:

Rumph said, “This ain’t Tuscaloosa, where Sunday & Saturday’s may be great…” Stop right there; this is a horrible pitch line/contrast to what u’re offering, b/c a highly ranked kid & their parents only care about Saturday & Sundays! In turn, our Saturday & Sundays have absolutely sucked, so that’s a negative recruiting pitch that hurts us, & make us look goofy.

If Bama was mentioned in any capacity, what Rumph should’ve said was, “Every campus have their pros & cons; as a National Champion, & former 1st round pick from this very school we’re standing at right now, I can tell u it’s more than just Saturday & Sundays that appeal to the student-athletes that attend here:
1. It’s the top tier education that u’ll receive that will propel u in life.
2. It’s the networking abilities that surrounds this community
3. It’s the environment that surrounds us, living in one of the safest communities in the entire nation, with the appeal of a lifestyle that brings the biggest sports/entertainment icons to take up residence here.
4. It’s the tradition of our brand, a brand that changed CFB as u know, a brand that shook the sports world with a simple chain, a brand that resonates til this very day despite recent struggles.
5. It’s an alumni fraternity that u’ll be apart of forever, knowing guys like future HOFers in Devin Hester, Reggie Wayne, Andre Johnson, Vince Wilfork, along w/ HOFers Ray Lewis, Edgerrin James, Michael Irvin, & our favorite keeping it real alum, Ed Reed coming back & imparting knowledge to what made them great on the field, & how to be successful off of it.

Folks, we offer an opportunity to become more than being just a top athlete & student, we offer a lifetime.”

That’s how u handle that situation; u don’t highlight the enimegos’ strengths.

I see some of u guys aren’t into sales; so being that I saw the extended version, & this chopped & screwed edited version, let me explain why both were a bad look:

Rumph said, “This ain’t Tuscaloosa, where Sunday & Saturday’s may be great…” Stop right there; this is a horrible pitch line/contrast to what u’re offering, b/c a highly ranked kid & their parents only care about Saturday & Sundays! In turn, our Saturday & Sundays have absolutely sucked, so that’s a negative recruiting pitch that hurts us, & make us look goofy.

If Bama was mentioned in any capacity, what Rumph should’ve said was, “Every campus have their pros & cons; as a National Champion, & former 1st round pick from this very school we’re standing at right now, I can tell u it’s more than just Saturday & Sundays that appeal to the student-athletes that attend here:
3. It’s the environment that surrounds us, living in one of the safest communities in the entire nation, with the appeal of a lifestyle that brings the biggest sports/entertainment icons to take up residence here.
4. It’s the tradition of our brand, a brand that changed CFB as u know, a brand that shook the sports world with a simple chain, a brand that resonates til this very day despite recent struggles.
5. It’s an alumni fraternity that u’ll be apart of forever, knowing guys like future HOFers in Devin Hester, Reggie Wayne, Andre Johnson, Vince Wilfork, along w/ HOFers Ray Lewis, Edgerrin James, Michael Irvin, & our favorite keeping it real alum, Ed Reed coming back & imparting knowledge to what made them great on the field, & how to be successful off of it.

Folks, we offer an opportunity to become more than being just a top athlete & student, we offer a lifetime.”

As someone in sales I approve this message

Well said! Totally agree with you.

clap applause GIF
Clap Applause GIF

Advertisement

Spot on brother

24/7 posted the out of context, edited video of Rumph delivering a recruiting pitch. Jeremiah Smith is in the comments laughing at it. If you still somehow have a subscription to that site you need to cancel it. That outlet is actively working to hurt Miami. They should be banned from the Miami campus for posting ish like this

Just freakin win

Advertisement
I'd like to point out that LeBatard (surprise, surprise) and Corben spend a lot of time trying to clown John Ruiz.

They are enemies of the program, especially LeBatard, who has been actively working against us for 30 years.
lebatard also sponsors TVD and a women's player in an NIL deal so while you guys may hate on him (I find ruiz to be meh but he pays so thats what matters), he at least is also putting up money into our own athletes. on top of that, Pipo literally gave us so much more pub than our own play does lol. bc they talk about the canes on a national show, we do enjoy some benefits out of it. not a lot of shows doing miami talk the last 20 years outside of gaby giving some crap *** opinion

Last edited:
Advertisement

Relly you nailed it.............accentuate the Features and Benefits, downplay the present probs, but predict that they won consistently many times before, and will be doing it again as the close........very well done my friend.....good pitch....
ALWAYS sell on the positives and refer to the negatives in passing.....Sales 101

Advertisement
Don't turn your back on Corbin. Not a surprise, but first and foremost he's out for himself and what best advances his interest.

Advertisement
Back