24/7 Spreading False Propaganda

Regardless of what site it is that is **** brutal. Rumph shouldn't be trying to negative recruit against Bama based on off campus lifestyle. These guys are coming to play football on Saturdays and wanting to be developed for Sundays. Bottomline. That said, I hope someone smears the **** out of that QB that smurked at his comments.
Facts

That is why the kid smurked cause what your saying is common sense. Kids go to ball nothing else who cares if someone sky has more clouds and a better view.

Advertisement
Regardless of what site it is that is **** brutal. Rumph shouldn't be trying to negative recruit against Bama based on off campus lifestyle. These guys are coming to play football on Saturdays and wanting to be developed for Sundays. Bottomline. That said, I hope someone smears the **** out of that QB that smurked at his comments.
Did you listen to the whole video? He's not negative recruiting against them. He's saying Miami is a vibrant town whereas Tuscaloosa is not.

Compare the top things to do on Trip Advisor. The first 2 in Tuscaloosa are the stadium and the Bear Bryant museum. The rest are things my grandparents might have found interesting. There's a lake and historic homes and a children's museum.

And the kid smirked because he's a Bama commit.

Tuscaloosa:

Miami:

Gaby is the worst. He always has to have the last word. Just an immature prick who thinks he's hot ****.
I despise Ivins the most. Arrogant little prick always taking shots at us. He’s the kid growing up who would start 💩 and when the other kid was ready to check him he’d be like, “ don’t touch me cuz my Dad is a lawyer “.

Goofy Snicker boy smirking just because he is a Crimson Tide commit. 247 does not do Miami any favors, and the only reason fanboys like Lake and Gaby have to defend them is they pay their checks, so they are yes men.

That's why IVINS can get on their little signing day show, and call Miami a loser when they signed the best class in 247 school history. Signed best class in ACC and state of Florida.

When Mario was kicking Napier's teeth in during summer, They start pumping out these articles boosting Florida recruiting efforts.

Advertisement
Did you listen to the whole video? He's not negative recruiting against them. He's saying Miami is a vibrant town whereas Tuscaloosa is not.

Compare the top things to do on Trip Advisor. The first 2 in Tuscaloosa are the stadium and the Bear Bryant museum. The rest are things my grandparents might have found interesting. There's a lake and historic homes and a children's museum.

And the kid smirked because he's a Bama commit.

Tuscaloosa:

Miami:

I'm not disputing those facts. However, I could see that sales pitch more for a regular student. These are college football players coming in to win championships with most aspiring to become pros. That sales pitch doesn't really hit the same for them if that makes sense when comparing Miami to Bama right now. I hate ******* Bama with a passion, but there considered top dog right now.

I'm not disputing those facts. However, I could see that sales pitch more for a regular student. These are college football players coming in to win championships with most aspiring to become pros. That sales pitch doesn't really hit the same for them if that makes sense when comparing Miami to Bama right now. I hate ******* Bama with a passion, but there considered top dog right now.
I get that, I'm just saying he's selling the fact that you're getting a community for life and someplace to have fun once in a while. He sure can't sell on field success, but he can sell that you'll always be able to visit Miami and have a good time. Tuscaloosa, on the other hand, has some wonderful tours that AARP travel can set you up with.

I'd like to point out that LeBatard (surprise, surprise) and Corben spend a lot of time trying to clown John Ruiz.

They are enemies of the program, especially LeBatard, who has been actively working against us for 30 years.

Advertisement
I get that, I'm just saying he's selling the fact that you're getting a community for life and someplace to have fun once in a while. He sure can't sell on field success, but he can sell that you'll always be able to visit Miami and have a good time. Tuscaloosa, on the other hand, has some wonderful tours that AARP travel can set you up with.

I totally agree and don't dispute it all. As I said I just don't feel like that really hits home with these college athletes. Most of these guys are already living it up at their high schools pounding whatever clam there in the mood for that day. The best players want to go to the schools that are competing for championships and developing them for a chance to get draft. In addition, these players are still treated like kings in these smaller towns for the SEC schools. That's why you see these players from big cities all over the country coming to Bama (Tuscaloosa) and Georgia (Athens). They've setup the infrastructure to where these guys don't even really have to leave campus because they get everything they want there. Not to mention all that **** money in brown paper sacks they give them. I know there's a small group of players that care about around campus lifestyle still, but just feels like that is a very antiquated way of recruiting these college players during this day an age.

We're in a very odd time where a video of something that actually happened is called "false propaganda" when it goes against our interests. Society is spiritually sick.

Advertisement
Rumph wasn't good at making his point. When Bama kids are done playing college ball, they aren't staying in Bama and if they do it limits their upside. Kids that come to Miami end up staying in Miami for life.

Goofy Snicker boy smirking just because he is a Crimson Tide commit. 247 does not do Miami any favors, and the only reason fanboys like Lake and Gaby have to defend them is they pay their checks, so they are yes men.

That's why IVINS can get on their little signing day show, and call Miami a loser when they signed the best class in 247 school history. Signed best class in ACC and state of Florida.

When Mario was kicking Napier's teeth in during summer, They start pumping out these articles boosting Florida recruiting efforts.
What do we folks want? 100% wall to wall positive coverage. This site rips the Canes more than any other media entity I know of. And much of that is fully deserving. So tell me, what’s the difference?

Advertisement
My thoughts on this:

1. Generally, I want our coaches building up our program instead of tearing down others in their sales pitches. The pitch should be on why UM is the right choice, not why any other school is not.

2. If you watch the full video, Rumph's pitch was 90% focused on UM, but he did bring up Bama (and the edited down version only shows that last snippet). His ultimate point was well taken and fair, but his delivery was less than stellar. You can compare Miami to other "college towns" without naming a school: "A lot of these other campuses are in small college towns that would die without those universities. There's just not a lot there outside the campus... that's why they call them "college towns." They're basically built around the school. And yeah, that "college atmosphere" might be cool 6 or 7 Saturdays a year, but what about the other 358 days? What about after graduation, or after your playing days? Miami is an international destination all on its own. People all over the world want to live and do business here. It's paradise. We wake up every day living where people want to come on vacation. And there are Fortune 500 companies with offices down here full of UM graduates. Living in a college town might be an alright 3-4 year decision, but Miami is a lifetime decision."

3. @Brooklyndee clarified that Rumph actually mentioned Bama in response to commentary from recruits/parents in attendance. The fact the camera was right on Julian Sayin (a Bama commit) and the way the audio sort of cuts out and in awkwardly (in the longer version) suggests some unflattering editing went on. If a recruit or their parent/guardian is asking a coach those questions straight up, then a response comparing those schools is appropriate. Of course, if those questions were asked (I'll trust @Brooklyndee on that) then that part was definitely edited out (to make it look like Rumph just brought up Bama for no **** reason).

4. I really don't want our coaches making those types of pitches and comparing our schools to others when there are cameras rolling or they are otherwise being recorded. It makes it too easy for their words to get twisted or taken out of context (because the context gets edited out).

5. Whoever released that initial edited version was clearly doing it to make UM look bad and purposely make the pitch seem worse than it was. That person should never be allowed on campus again.

6. 247 re-posting that edited-down version for clicks is trash.

Last edited:
What do we folks want? 100% wall to wall positive coverage. This site rips the Canes more than any other media entity I know of. And much of that is fully deserving. So tell me, what’s the difference?
I don't understand what you are getting at? Difference between articles written by supposed professionals vs. message board fodder?

Advertisement
Back