24/7 New post

Somebody needs to do something. Smh
It appears there is no Iron Chancellor/Iron Lady on the BoT. Just a collection of interested/disinterested factions with their own alphas, messengers, and betas (gammas are betas don't kid yourself).

We need Frenk to be our version of E Gordo Gee (from that Poison Nut University)... without his stupid controversies of course.

FFS, a group of whirling dervishes has more forward momentum in decision making than our beloved Miami's BoT.

Advertisement
Somebody needs to do something. Smh
sniper roof GIF by South Park

And most of them aren’t exactly the biggest contributors here yet they have no problem showing up and ****ting on our known people bringing info to the board, and then complaining when them and their compatriots get dealt with. That’s not in our best interests.

This is a free board. None of these guys has to give us anything - including you who has also brought good information at times which most appreciate. Most people here appreciate the info and deal with it graciously if they don’t trust it. But these others serve no good purpose to act out the way they do as if it’s their entitlement.
One thing if kept in mind makes it easier to read new info here: Take everything you read on a message board with a tiny grain of salt. Not a reflection on the character of the "insider" but because: A) Things constantly change B) The source of this information although generally reliable may not always is.

USC’s didn’t.
My concern with somethings going on is exactly that. Usc ad came in and said day 1 they wanted a year to evaluate him. Essentially probation. The room has been split for most of the year. Alot of the power is in on getting rid of him. But he still has several big names behind him that want him to stay another year. These people dont know **** about football. The concern is if we don't close this out next week which is why we're waiting for any announcements by the way(trying to let Mario finish with the regular season,comes down to a discrepancy of 7 years or 5 and if that's a breaking point or not.)than we may run off some of this new found wealth we came across as support... Then we're ****ed.

Advertisement
My concern with somethings going on is exactly that. Usc ad came in and said day 1 they wanted a year to evaluate him. Essentially probation. The room has been split for most of the year. Alot of the power is in on getting rid of him. But he still has several big names behind him that want him to stay another year. These people dont know **** about football. The concern is if we don't close this out next week which is why we're waiting for any announcements by the way(trying to let Mario finish with the regular season,comes down to a discrepancy of 7 years or 5 and if that's a breaking point or not.)than we may run off some of this new found wealth we came across as support... Then we're ****ed.
So it’s Mario or Manny?

The only reason I don’t see this happening is Helton won some at USC. Manny hasn’t.

And if Mario says no, then what? It doesn’t seem like they’ve thought that far ahead. Sounds like all of their eggs are in the Mario basket. If he stays at Oregon, options like Lane and Stoops may already be off the board.

Advertisement
The only reason I don’t see this happening is Helton won some at USC. Manny hasn’t.
But as I've tried to explain on here usc is actually committed to sports where we aren't. Was simple due dillegence. If we don't seal this package deal and now most people are off the table he'll be back another year by default. I been explained on here how they were making it seem like those "competitive losses" to basic teams were viewed as positive and it would take alot to get rid of him. Soffer luckily has pulled his card along with alot of other boosters and board members. But he still has a chance. Pathetic really...

But as I've tried to explain on here usc is actually committed to sports where we aren't. Was simple due dillegence. If we don't seal this package deal and now most people are off the table he'll be back another year by default. I been explained on here how they were making it seem like those "competitive losses" to basic teams were viewed as positive and it would take alot to get rid of him. Soffer luckily has pulled his card along with alot of other boosters and board members. But he still has a chance. Pathetic really...
Yea I was thinking more along AD lines. The whole politics behind the scenes is beginning to make me sick.

And if Mario says no, then what? It doesn’t seem like they’ve thought that far ahead. Sounds like all of their eggs are in the Mario basket. If he stays at Oregon, options like Lane and Stoops may already be off the board.
From my understanding stoops is the back up plan but I wouldn't be too surprised since they know his interest if they did circle around to kiffin. All things being considered the way I understand it is money was agreed on with Mario as well as commitment to staff. Apparently the only sticking point is Mario insists on 7 years while we have been sticking with 5... Unfortunately we just all gotta be patient cause there's always extracurricular crap In play here.

When should we should start worrying next week if we haven’t heard anything?

Advertisement
From my understanding stoops is the back up plan but I wouldn't be too surprised since they know his interest if they did circle around to kiffin. All things being considered the way I understand it is money was agreed on with Mario as well as commitment to staff. Apparently the only sticking point is Mario insists on 7 years while we have been sticking with 5... Unfortunately we just all gotta be patient cause there's always extracurricular crap In play here.
@Zbrod95, get hyped for you boy Stoops.

Hopefully that promise of new found money is legit for his staff and recruiting purposes, and seven years is a good deal to build this program for the long term

Advertisement
If this is true and the hold up is an additional 2 years on his contract then they aren’t serious about winning. If Mario wins early here then he will be asking for an extension anyway. Can’t be cheap anymore, it would honestly be more expensive to bring manny back with a whole new staff for just one more.

Advertisement
Back