24/7 New post

Advertisement
I love this university with everything I got, but if manny is retained then I will leave CIS and stop following cfb altogether. Manny will not close on anyone this recruiting class to salvage it and he isn’t going to win enough games next year to be retained. So it will be back to back ****** recruiting classes with even worse depth. I won’t put myself through that. You can spend all the money you want, but if incompetent individuals is spending it then that is just wasted money.
it'll set us back for years if we retain him. years.

Advertisement
Next 2 days. Yes bc 3 days would get us to Dec 1.
If Mario isn’t lined go get ready for TNM ‘22, where a very exciting QB and young talent underachieve. This program is in fact a complete disgrace if Manny is retained. It’s a direct sign they are lazy and don’t care at all. You can’t explain it otherwise.

Advertisement
The expectation in 2022 is to at least win the Coastal Division.

That was the expectation in 2021 and he fell flat on his face. So, now we're going to move the goalpost because Manny Sr is greasing the sleazy old BOT regimes hands?

Fück this entire program if that guy is allowed one more year.
That was the expectation from….2010

I categorize everything as noise right now with an increasing apprehension and anxiety about lack of overall movement but I will say this-

Perhaps they don't even care but the school is making the biggest miscalculation in 15+ years if they don't think what happens in the coming weeks actually IS a tipping point for a TON of what remains of this fanbase. We rallied behind TVD as a sign of hope but THAT/HE was never going to be a sufficient source of optimism to override the outrage and then (even worse) apathy if they essentially keep the status quo and put out stories that they made a "hard run" at effing Luigi.

- The first thing to note is that there is total buy in from President Julio Frenk and the key board of trustee members that Miami is going to invest and do what is necessary to provide the UM football program what it takes to be successful on the field. It is a big first step in improving the program no matter who is leading it in the future. Miami is going to step up the investment if Manny Diaz is the head coach OR if the decision makers decide to go in a different direction. The university is prepared to make a multi-year commitment financially to the future of the program.

- I do not have details on any names, but I am told the AD search continues to move along. The position has attracted strong interest and there are several candidates that are exciting. I would not expect an AD to be announced this week, but UM is working aggressively through the process.

- Early in the process, I was under the impression that the new AD would be a part of the decision on the future of Manny Diaz. I don’t think that is necessarily the case any longer (due to the AD hiring timeline no longer looking like it will happen this week).

- I can report that former Louisville AD Tom Jurich is not a candidate for the open Miami AD job.

- I would not expect a decision on Manny Diaz’s future to be announced within the next two days.

- As things stand today, Manny Diaz is the head coach and he is operating that way. He is currently out recruiting and his staff is recruiting as well.

- It is my sense that the decision on Manny Diaz will be made based on the totality of the three years AND then it will also be a judgement call on whether or not Diaz can turn the corner and achieve the acceptable results at Miami. The expectation in 2022 is to at least win the Coastal Division.

- It is fair to say that Miami is not going to make a head coaching change just for the sake of making a change. The decision makers will only make a change from the Manny Diaz era if they are convinced the change would bring about an upgrade.

- One factor that is being weighed heavily with the future of Manny Diaz is the young talent on the team. It is very important to the university to make sure the young talent on the roster is excited about the future of the program, whatever decision is made.

- The impending departure of offensive coordinator Rhett Lashlee to SMU will not factor much into the decision on Manny Diaz.
😭😭😭😭😭😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

yr7n0u3qzO9nG.gif

z8AJNUSLDgNvG.gif

The arrival of the future always has a funny way of definitively demolishing those who definitively predicted it. The screenshot bloodbath will be televised!

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣👀👀👀👀👀👀👀😱😱😱😱👻👻👻👻👻👻

Last edited:
Advertisement
That’s not what you said brother. You said he’s 100% done because every new ad does it.
He’s gone either way. Lambert wants him gone, Ruiz wants him gone, Mas wants him gone, Soffer wants him gone, and Lemonis essentially came out last night and told the world he wants him gone. Epstein and the clown posse are gonna be overruled.

Lake in the comment in that very thread said that it’s his opinion. It’s not even based on facts.

Yeah we’re screwed. And hinging the decision on Mario is stupid. If he doesn’t come now with a first round quarterback he will never come!!

So fire manny and hire the best guy. Whether that’s bill Clark, lane, Kellen moore, mark stoops.

I don’t care. Manny cannot lead this program next year. We will slip further into the dark ages if he is here. And if he is and patke is anywhere near the gables we’re dead

Advertisement
Oh Boy, Starting to sounds more and more likely Manny will be back.

If the University is so concerned about the young talent on the team, shouldn’t they also be concerned about our #61 recruiting class, plus what keeping Manny will do to following year’s class.

You would think after three years, a 7-5 record, one of the worst defenses in the country that he has over seen for 6 or 7 years and the #61 recruiting class would be grounds for immediate dismissal but not at UM.

I’m glad to hear they are willing to put some money into the program but we also desperately need some leadership. Can we please get some leadership here and fire Manny already and hire a competent coach.

Advertisement
Back