'22 MLB Draft Discussion

Advertisement
Advertisement
Burke got an extra $100,000 over the 11-20th Round bonus. Equivalent of a mid 7th Round pick.

Burke got an extra $100,000 over the 11-20th Round bonus. Equivalent of a mid 7th Round pick.

Makes sense. No way was he staying for slot. I still think with only two full seasons of college ball under his belt he was primed for a monster year and could have gotten more a year from now. 225k and a foot in the door is good, too.

Advertisement
The Mule has left the barn. Officially signs for 1 million (538,600 slot value). I wasn’t far off in my prediction of 900k. Clock is ticking for Walters.

Advertisement
Not 22 Draft, but YoYo is projected top 25 for 2023.
FC15E56C-08FC-4DDD-BA70-712EF0FB34B7.jpeg

If you’re drafted out of college, you almost always sign. It’s just how it is now.

Walters is still hopeful though.
I am starting to feel less confident in Walters returning. Baltimore will have around $500k to offer him, assuming their 3rd round pick (McClean from Ok St) signs for something near slot. And that assumes Baltimore doesn't exceed their bonus pool, which was the largest in MLB, so their 5% is a big number (~$850k).

We'll find out tomorrow, but is anybody hearing anything?

I am starting to feel less confident in Walters returning. Baltimore will have around $500k to offer him, assuming their 3rd round pick (McClean from Ok St) signs for something near slot. And that assumes Baltimore doesn't exceed their bonus pool, which was the largest in MLB, so their 5% is a big number (~$850k).

We'll find out tomorrow, but is anybody hearing anything?
Yeah I read Baltimore was looking to sign McClean for over 2 mill, which would leave them nothing for the late round picks. One thing I didn’t realize is that Walters turns 22 in a couple of months. That has to factor into it.

Advertisement
Yeah I read Baltimore was looking to sign McClean for over 2 mill, which would leave them nothing for the late round picks. One thing I didn’t realize is that Walters turns 22 in a couple of months. That has to factor into it.
Hadn't heard that. The Vandy SS they drafted in 17th round announced his transfer to LSU, so maybe that rumor has legs - fingers crossed.

Hadn't heard that. The Vandy SS they drafted in 17th round announced his transfer to LSU, so maybe that rumor has legs - fingers crossed.
Yes Carter Young is going to LSU. They’ve signed 16 out of the 21 draftees. Really only expecting them to sign McLean and make a push for Walters. I wanna say that they have just over $2 mil to spend, before they start getting hit with the luxury tax.

Advertisement
Back