'22 MLB Draft Discussion

Pitcher in the Rye

3) Man's Law 2) God's Law 1) Mr. Murphy's Law
Prospect Rankings:

#105 Carson Palmquist: Scouting grades: Fastball: 65 | Slider: 40 | Control: 50 | Overall: 45
#126 Andrew Walters: Scouting grades: Fastball: 65 | Slider: 40 | Control: 50 | Overall: 45

Jacob Burke​

OFMiamiZachary, LA

Alex McFarlane​

RHPMiamiMiami, FL

Max Romero Jr.​

CMiamiMiramar, FL

Also draft eligible: Ronaldo Gallo, Alejandro Torres, Jake Garland, Jordan Dubberly, Matt Radelunas, Mike Rosario, Henry Wallen, Anthony Arguelles, and J.P. Gates.

Advertisement
I’d love to get 2 of those top 5 back. I think we are going to have a good starting rotation next year so I’m not throwing up when Palm leaves.

Palm I think leaves….

Walters stays I think if he wants the Palm pathway with a guaranteed Friday/Saturday night starter role

Burke might be gone… he’s been a bit cold lately but here comes the time to show up

McFarland and Romero I’m fine with moving on

Is there someone currently on the roster who slides in and take Romero’s spot?
JD Jones. I saw him in fall ball and pre-season and he looked solid. Didn’t play much during the regular season but still slashed .294/.400 and was good defensively.

Advertisement
JD Jones. I saw him in fall ball and pre-season and he looked solid. Didn’t play much during the regular season but still slashed .294/.400 and was good defensively.
Perez was supposed to be the next big thing, right? But I assume the injury really hurt him.

Perez was supposed to be the next big thing, right? But I assume the injury really hurt him.
I spoke to one of the announcers (Spanish Radio guy) on Friday and he is really high on Perez. Said the injury screwed him up. I haven't seen it, but what do I know.

Palm I think leaves….

Walters stays I think if he wants the Palm pathway with a guaranteed Friday/Saturday night starter role

Burke might be gone… he’s been a bit cold lately but here comes the time to show up

McFarland and Romero I’m fine with moving on
Why McFarland? He and Gallo have been lights out lately.

Advertisement
i'm just hoping that one of these years, with NIL helping, we get guys to stick around for the extra year. it makes such a difference having the leadership and experience of multi-year starters.

Palm, Walters, Burke coming back would be like christmas

As well as guys like duberlly, gallo, mcfarlane giving it one more shot

MLB.com Draft Rankings
2 Green
82 Palm
93 Mule
128 Walters
165 McFarlane

Advertisement
He's gone. This hopium that Ruiz is going to offer all these guys NIL money is getting absurd. These guys wanna play pro. Staying is the exception, not the rule.
Biggest thing NIL can do is to help attract transfers to be honest…. The ROI for Ruiz with baseball probably isn’t huge sadly but I’m sure there’s enough to give some out to kids

Keep us competitive which is all we can ask for

Advertisement
MLB.com Draft Rankings
2 Green
82 Palm
93 Mule
128 Walters
165 McFarlane
Updated and expanded to 250
3 Green (-1)
86 Palm (-4)
94 Mule (-1)