'22 MLB Draft Discussion

Advertisement
I've been told its not looking good for Mule. Miami is selling the two way piece and potential to be a guy who can prove capable of doing both at the next level by doing it in college for 3 years. MLB is really high on the arm....pitching has almost been a hobby and the fact he has run it up to 100 is really attractive.

Fingers crossed he puts a high price out there and drops. Vandy finds ways to get a kid like this once per year.

I've been told its not looking good for Mule. Miami is selling the two way piece and potential to be a guy who can prove capable of doing both at the next level by doing it in college for 3 years. MLB is really high on the arm....pitching has almost been a hobby and the fact he has run it up to 100 is really attractive.

Fingers crossed he puts a high price out there and drops. Vandy finds ways to get a kid like this once per year.
If they promise him a two-way, I hope they honor it. Lotsa college coaches flat out lie about letting a recruit play both ways. Next thing you know he's in the portal.

Naz is a def a two way guy here. He might not have the high level glove at SS but he can play there for a year and close/relieve games at worst. Probably fills out even more and ends up at 3B right after Yoyo leaves.

He steps on campus and is immediately our most talented player. Not saying our best but I would expect a pretty legit freshman year for him if they dont mess him up.

Really bright kid. As the draft approaches watch an interview with him. Very well spoken and confident. He goes to Passaic Tech so he's had a career path since like 9th grade. Business, Crim Justice, or even some random ones like Culinary or Media.

Advertisement

"Not looking good" for him in MLB draft, or not good for us? I am hoping the former.

For us...while he has hit some bumps in the road his senior year his potential is still through the rough and he is extremely mature and the kid works his tail off. No such thing as a cant miss...but this kids is very close.

But stranger things have happened. Maybe he drops a bit, money isnt great, and we can put something together to get him to campus.

ESPN Top 300
7 Green
105 Walters
110 McFarlane
119 Palmquist
131 Mule
178 Romero
234 Cyr
283 Torres

Highest I’ve seen Romero by far

Advertisement
Advertisement
Let's hope the rumors of Mule dropping are accurate, for our sake (and his, if he wants to be a 2-way).
Certainly possible. We’ve gotten guys with similar pre-draft rankings to campus in recent years, but we’ve also lost others in the same range.

Advertisement
Let's hope the rumors of Mule dropping are accurate, for our sake (and his, if he wants to be a 2-way).
I think the McKay experiment has probably soured teams on trying it and committing MM's 0f $'s not knowing if he'll pan out in either position.

Advertisement
Back