'22 MLB Draft Discussion

Advertisement
Advertisement
Congrats to Coral Park High alum Zach Neto going 13 to the Angels. How did the U miss out on him?
He was more projection and development. I’m convinced our coaches just log into Perfect Game. We take a lot of guys who look good in a showcase format but are much closer to their ceilings and need to work even harder to squeeze a bit more out.

Haire does a great job with what they get at Campbell.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Day 1 is complete. Rounds 3-10 starting at 2pm tomorrow. Slot will be below 800K. We’re entering the expected range for Palm, Walters, and Mule (if he goes).

Advertisement
How we feeling here @scane ?
Pretty much as expected so far. Next 2-3 rounds should tell the tale on Mule. You can never rule out a single team falling in love with a player, but I’m not too worried about our other signees. Then I’m interested in Burke and Romero. Feels like Burke has been sliding, but my gut still says he’s a later Day 2 pick. Really don’t have much of a read on Romero, but the Covid year makes it mildly interesting if either slides to Day 3. I’m assuming Walt and Palm are going soon.

Pretty much as expected so far. Next 2-3 rounds should tell the tale on Mule. You can never rule out a single team falling in love with a player, but I’m not too worried about our other signees. Then I’m interested in Burke and Romero. Feels like Burke has been sliding, but my gut still says he’s a later Day 2 pick. Really don’t have much of a read on Romero, but the Covid year makes it mildly interesting if either slides to Day 3. I’m assuming Walt and Palm are going soon.
Yeah this 1st day besides seeing who my Astros grabbed to restock the farm I pretty much felt was going to be quiet (other than Green)

Would be interesting if they all took a tumble but we shall see I’ll look forward to your draft coverage tomorrow

Do MLB teams still lose the slot value from their pool for an unsigned player taken in Rounds 1 - 10?

Advertisement
Back