'22 MLB Draft Discussion

Advertisement
His tone has changed too. Before it definitely seemed as though he wanted the two way option. Now its "I want to but Ill do whatever they want."

Is $125,000 max for that round or can teams use leftover pool money from Rounds 1 - 10?
Seems so. Cap is now $150K under the new CBA. Edit: Not 100% clear if max is changed for this year or next year based on their phrasing.
“The assigned values for each choice in the first 10 rounds will increase for the first time since the 2019 Draft, though the exact details aren't yet known. For players in rounds 11-20, the amount that won't count towards teams' bonus pools rises from $125,000 to $150,000.”

Advertisement
Working through Round 13. The mostly likely window for teams to take a shot at Walters or any of our next tier recruits has passed. Seems pretty clear Walters must have given teams a firm number that nobody was willing to meet.

Remaining drama is what Burke does. You can make a case that he could make money by staying for another year and NIL is a new factor, but history says he probably signs.

Seems so. Cap is now $150K under the new CBA. Edit: Not 100% clear if max is changed for this year or next year based on their phrasing.
“The assigned values for each choice in the first 10 rounds will increase for the first time since the 2019 Draft, though the exact details aren't yet known. For players in rounds 11-20, the amount that won't count towards teams' bonus pools rises from $125,000 to $150,000.”
Got it, thanks. Let's hope Burke sees where Palm and McFarlane went and wants to get a bigger bonus next year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Either I’m still not over it or Ole Miss has had a lot of players drafted

Last edited:
Advertisement
Confirming what CTCANE said - I guess it's no harm, no foul from the Orioles perspective (hoping something changes his mind).
May be worth the shot for them with the largest bonus pool but I’d be quite surprised.

Advertisement
Back