2026 NCAA Tournament

Your stance makes a ton of sense in situations like the CFP this past year where there was no reason for JMU AND Tulane to be in. But in this instance, if those teams are so much better that they have a chance to do something the others don’t, maybe win 1 of 2 against those inferior teams instead of getting smoked twice on your home diamond.
I mean I’ve already acknowledged that. I’ve also already said regionals and supers are not Omaha. That’s the difference. It’s not one weekend. That’s why these underdogs rarely win titles. They aren’t good enough to win when you have multiple rest days. That’s my entire point.
 
To think this whole side discussion got started because someone at CIS was less than happy that Troy extinguished UF's season

Elementary School Lol GIF by ABC Network
 
I guess pro scouts also have a “lack of understanding”

You also have a lack of understanding about the draft, apparently. Being highly draftable does not equate to in-game success. Ben Hess had an ERA near 6 when he was taken in the first round.
 
Yes, they are a better team. You still haven't said what UF does better.

And yes, I can't wait for Little Rock at Troy. That is great for the sport.
Missouri State swept Little Rock this year and I watched them three times in person.

Wild to see them get hot like this and sweep through a Regional. I thought they were a solid team, but get hot at the right time and you can beat anyone in this game.

Fun stuff. Hope Little Rock goes to Omaha.
 
It just hit me that we’re barreling towards Bama, Auburn, AND Troy all making it to Omaha and I just…… I can’t take that.
 
Troy, LR, Milwaukee, St Johns and Cal Poly are not top 30. Poly is the only one close I’m assuming they’re 32.

I have no problem with top 50 teams. I don’t enjoy teams ranked 100+ winning regionals and having no chance of winning it all.
You would've been really unhappy watching 4-seed Fresno State win it all in baseball.
 
You also have a lack of understanding about the draft, apparently. Being highly draftable does not equate to in-game success. Ben Hess had an ERA near 6 when he was taken in the first round.
Yea man Lawson and Petersen and King haven’t had any success this year. As opposed to the kid who couldn’t hit a beach ball all year, that became Barry Bonds overnight.
 
Okay what just happened in Auburn might have topped the non-overturn from our game the other night. wtf is the point of challenges lol
 
Totally welcome to your opinion, of course.

Personally, I'd be over the moon for eight mid-majors in Omaha.
I like watching the best players on the biggest stage. That’s it. I enjoyed watching Skenes against Cags and Lowder against Crews, Tommy Tanks etc.
 
Totally welcome to your opinion, of course.

Personally, I'd be over the moon for eight mid-majors in Omaha.
I like watching the best players on the biggest stage. That’s it. I enjoyed watching Skenes against Cags and Lowder against Crews, Tommy Tanks etc.
My guy I think you might just want to check out major league baseball lol
 
Yea man Lawson and Petersen and King haven’t had any success this year. As opposed to the kid who couldn’t hit a beach ball all year, that became Barry Bonds overnight.

They've had decent, not great, seasons. Not sure what the point was supposed to be.

Troy had very similar, and in some cases better, stats than Florida. Oh, and Troy played a top 10 schedule. Troy can absolutely play.

Sometimes it's okay to just admit that you don't watch a lot of baseball other than Miami games. It doesn't make you a bad person.
 
My guy I think you might just want to check out major league baseball lol
Regular season is boring. I don’t enjoy guys giving up at bats bc they’ll get 500 more and playing for checks instead of to win. Same reason I really don’t watch the NFL outside of fantasy football reasons.
 
Back
Top