2025 OT Lamar Williams de-commits

View as article
Exactly! I am sure this kid has tremendous upside to have the staff commit him early...you can't always project how a kid is going to act once committed. Those are battles I'm willing to lose. Don't want to keep a kid that would be a culture cancer to save face on the OV and commit. Get rid of them early and keep grinding. The right kids will back fill.
Even if they re-evaluated and changed their mind and dropped him... It's whatever. Just complaining/criticizing evaluations on the OLine is funny to me. We are going to land extremely high ranked Olineman. And we are going to land 3 star lineman that have the build and hopefully movement ability to potentially develop in 3 years and be a contributor, but also not really risk leaving asap and demand more money every portal opening... But what makes one 3 star OT a Great EVal and another a bad eval according to posters here is funny. I'll just rock with whatever this staff chooses on the Olineman lol.

Advertisement
Glass1+2=3
Will Ferrell Lol GIF
Meltdown Feels GIF

actually, it's a good eval because they didn't stop evaluating, they continued with their due diligence. they didn't just rely upon initial review, but kept working and building on new information. that's the very definition of good evaluation. something other UM coaching staffs did not do.
You can't pay for security this good.

Advertisement
Hate to speculate on a HS kid but Miami dropping him after recent evals as a "project" tells me that he has bad work ethics. Probably Leonard Taylor similarities...physically gifted but lazy to work and maximize that physical gift. Hope he figures it out and does great things moving forward. I trust this staff with evals.

That’s not what was posted in this very thread.

So, we can’t say it’s effort and work ethic 9-weeks later.

Hate to speculate on a HS kid but Miami dropping him after recent evals as a "project" tells me that he has bad work ethics. Probably Leonard Taylor similarities...physically gifted but lazy to work and maximize that physical gift. Hope he figures it out and does great things moving forward. I trust this staff with evals.
Shut up

Would think we’d wait to see him camp in front of the coaches before we decided to cut bait

Can’t tell me we watched a spring practice and were like “nah”

Which leads me to think it’s something else. I noticed gaby mentioned he’s gonna summer slate of visits planned so maybe that’s it. We played the “we took a gamble on you and now you are going to go shopping around? F outta here”

Advertisement
Even if they re-evaluated and changed their mind and dropped him... It's whatever. Just complaining/criticizing evaluations on the OLine is funny to me. We are going to land extremely high ranked Olineman. And we are going to land 3 star lineman that have the build and hopefully movement ability to potentially develop in 3 years and be a contributor, but also not really risk leaving asap and demand more money every portal opening... But what makes one 3 star OT a Great EVal and another a bad eval according to posters here is funny. I'll just rock with whatever this staff chooses on the Olineman lol.
Denis and Sagapolu approved this message!

I'm guessing he was offered as a "body type" prospect but the more Miami's coaches got to know him and his game, the less they were impressed.

Advertisement
Yes, I'm sure you did so much evaluating of their tape! lol.
Let me ask you what is a reasonable hit rate for prospects we recruit to you?
This issue is not my evaluation with those 2, but that EVERYONE on this board knew we needed depth (at a minimum) at OL that year. Our gurus brought in 2 players that added very little value at their area of expertise. The OL then predictably failed during a 5-7 season, in which the MariBros then blamed the OC, the QBsss, injuries to the OL... No one will be 100% ever, take the W's, take the L's....even take a knee if you should...

Watched the kids tape . Not really impressed. Looked like he had lazy feet and technique. He would just grab a dude that was way smaller than him and would just fall on him . That’s all his tape was engage and fall on a guy. He’s just bigger than everyone. No real technique or traits that stand out other than being big.

Advertisement
This issue is not my evaluation with those 2, but that EVERYONE on this board knew we needed depth (at a minimum) at OL that year. Our gurus brought in 2 players that added very little value at their area of expertise. The OL then predictably failed during a 5-7 season, in which the MariBros then blamed the OC, the QBsss, injuries to the OL... No one will be 100% ever, take the W's, take the L's....even take a knee if you should...
So you just don't expect it to be 100% lol. Does that mean 90% for you? Just saying cause you really like bringing up Sagapolu, paying absolutely zero attention to every other addition on the OL.

Advertisement
Back