2024 2024 WR Ryan Wingo receives offer

Chad Simmons says we have asserted ourselves in this race with UGA and Tennessee as Wingo’s top schools. Fully expects an OV but he isn’t deciding until December so buckle up.
IMG_4486.jpeg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
When I see things like, "Left an impression on me," that tells me he wasn't really considering Miami prior to the visit but now is. That's progress but the guess is that there's still a big gap between UM and the rest of his A-list.

That said, getting the last OV is critical if we're gonna have a shot at closing this one.

When I see things like, "Left an impression on me," that tells me he wasn't really considering Miami prior to the visit but now is. That's progress but the guess is that there's still a big gap between UM and the rest of his A-list.

That said, getting the last OV is critical if we're gonna have a shot at closing this one.
You a vet in recruiting. So you know exactly this.

there is no "last" official visit as in 5 limit. Only whenever he decides to be done.

Advertisement
Advertisement

You a vet in recruiting. So you know exactly this.

Let me add something to this element. Visits like this used to be kind of meaningless as the kid would typically end up signing with one of his A-list schools. Now that we have the transfer portal, visits like this become a bit more important. There's always a chance this kid signs with a Texas or Alabama and ends up in the portal down the line. The fact that Mario and staff have been able to develop some rapport with him now means that we'll be able to circumvent any claims of tampering down the line :) recruit him more directly if he does end up in the portal.

The kids don’t have limits, but the schools still do,

I doubt schools are going to lineup to be OV # 6-9 for kids.

There will be special exceptions (5* kids), but most will still only take 3-5.

Thank you for that clarification.

Based on some feedback I got from someone connected at Tennessee.. I'd be shocked if it wasn't them or UGA. Don't think many will come close to the NIL that Spyre Sports is waving around for him... he is their guy at WR this cycle. They seem to believe UGA is his "favorite" school though and tough to beat even though they won't top the UT NIL offer.

Bare minimum to be involved here is probably 9+ wins (or more than Tennessee if they can't get to 9 for whatever reason) and showing signs of life on offense. They're selling him on playing Colbie Young's position so him having a 1,000 yards or just a big year might help. $150k per year probably gets you in the NIL conversation.

Advertisement
Back