2024 2024 WR Joshisa "Jojo" Trader (Miami Central)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you are really overstating the co-relation of eye for talent and preference of style of play.

If you really think Wilfong knows more about talent than Cristobal, Highsmith, etc…Simply because CMC still focuses on physicality, I'd say you are dead wrong.
I think these guys like 247 are influenced a good bit by the quality of the Offeror.

Advertisement
I don’t think Cristobal would ever deny the validity of recruiting class rankings.

I gotcha, and I'm pretty neutral on the subject…I'm just saying, I don't think he loses any sleep/possibly even laughs at 247 and Rivals somehow preferring Mcgahee over Shavers. (just one example)

I think these guys like 247 are influenced a good bit by the quality of the Offeror.

No idea. Which only goes so far…about what…30-40 % of our "offers" could probably commit to UM at the moment?

A little over 40, maybe 50 could have committed to UM at any time from beginning to end of the cycle?

A lot of it is like when analytics started dominating baseball front offices.

You had the Hawk Harrelsons and Harold Reynoldses of the world attacking it as a bunch of nerds that never played the game, so can’t possibly know what they are talking about.

And that’s what you’re seeing today with recruiting rankings.

The people saying Miami should be running the Air Raid or Veer and Shoot for a decade + now, are going to also be the people most willing to buy into validity and correlation/causation element of recruiting class rankings.

The people that were excited by the Dan Enos hire and thought that’s the kind of offense that Miami should be running, and that’s big boy football, are probably going to also be the group that attacks recruiting class rankings.

That’s not a coincidence.

I posted this in January. This is why stars matter.

Playoff era started in 2014.

2016 Clemson - (#9 247 composite , 4 5 stars) over Bama (#1, 17 5 stars)

2019 Clemson (#9, 7 5 stars) over Bama (#1, 11 5 star

2020 LSU (#6, 7 5 stars) over Clemson (#4, 11 5 star

3 out of 9 years. So 1/3 of time of t
considerably less talented (on paper) opponent beat the more talented opponent. 2 of these these Ws were total demolitions of the "better" opponent

And there were "almosts" by considerably less talented tea

2015 Clemson (#13, 4 5 stars) lost 45-40 to Bama (#1, 15 5 star

So nearly half the time (44%)in the playoff era, a team with much less talent than the opponent beat or nearly beat the more talented opponent. 44% - so no, this is not anecdotal.

The key # seems to be 4. That's the minimum number of 5 stars to be competitive. Once you get that number, then coaching can make the difference.

Advertisement
You're on a ******* tear lately 😂 It's excellent. We've had our small disagreements in the past but I feel like this one here is pretty simple. We get our guys we succeeded. We don't we failed. Idk whats so hard about it lol
It’s what I love about this place

We are still a few weeks away from these visits really rolling but we are already throwing paragraphs at eachother over hypotheticals

This is how you know we’ve spent too much time together

Without question

Too many kids across the country to scout so they’ll piggyback on the programs first

It’s like how we as fans fall in love with a certain group of guys a year or so in advance only on a bigger level

Someone passes along the names to us and then it’s like the rest of the country doesn’t exist

We know by now that stars do matter, but we also know a program like us had better be able to hit a high rate on evals or we are ****ed. Our margin for error is not big right now

Rankings are good but always check which coaches are recruiting the target hard (pause), which schools with proven evals will give u a better idea what type of player it is. To me this matters more or the same as the rankings at times. U dont have to tell a player like Bain let me teach u this, u insert that dude tell him his job on that play and his talent does the rest, thats all him. Those are the types of players we are targeting on the DL and man I cant wait.
@Ricaneswag BIG BIG PAUSE

Yes and no. Same argument can be made that statistically speaking a good percentage of dudes who eventually become those early round picks weren't highly ranked coming out of high school. It's actually a pretty high percentage all things considered. But we certainly need an infusion of talent at the position and we'll be getting it. I'm CONFIDENT y'all will be plenty happy with our dt recruiting this year. The bar can't be what a & m did a few years ago as that was insane and you see not practical either since several already moved on. But we're gonna be good at dt. You'll all know when you're supposed to.
I just checked their roster and was shocked to learn that only 1 of the DL out of 8 has transferred out so far. In any event, you're 100% correct that can't be the bar, its totally unrealistic and impractical. We have a little more runway than them because they had already been doing really well recruiting DL when they landed that class but those are not my expectations.

Advertisement
No idea. Which only goes so far…about what…30-40 % of our "offers" could probably commit to UM at the moment?

A little over 40, maybe 50 could have committed to UM at any time from beginning to end of the cycle?
That's never gonna be Mario's blueprint. He wants to build all relationships over time and ensure the commitment to us is strong. You do that by letting kids go through the process not taking casual commitments from them early on before they see options on the table. That's a very small percentage of that we'll do that for. We've had multiple 5 stars the last two cycles who tried to committ early and several didn't end up here. Peaks and valleys I suppose. But more than likely if they didn't come than they probably would've decommitted regardless.

That's never gonna be Mario's blueprint. He wants to build all relationships over time and ensure the commitment to us is strong. You do that by letting kids go through the process not taking casual commitments from them early on before they see options on the table. That's a very small percentage of that we'll do that for. We've had multiple 5 stars the last two cycles who tried to committ early and several didn't end up here. Peaks and valleys I suppose. But more than likely if they didn't come than they probably would've decommitted regardless.
I don't see where anything we are saying is a disagreement?

My point is…That every offer you see on Rivals is not actually commitable.

I mean for quick reference I'll just use locals for an example (obviously there are many OOS kids too)

Josh Philostin
Davion Gause
Dylan Stephenson
Jayden Parrish
Amare Sanders
Kevin Levy
Isaac Brown
AJ Hairston
Jacorry Barney
Dinellson Exume

Every one of them have claimed an "offer" from UM, usually with a twitter post and/or article with quotes, in the last 3-6 months. My point is it doesn't seem like UM would accept a commit from any of these.

(there may even be more, can Ryan Mack commit right this minute to UM?)

Advertisement
Unfortunately many simped for Manny during his tenure here until the end.

It happens. Fans can hold on too long…or simply don’t believe change will be made…

Or that a coach is nearly infallible and just Super..

People! They get us every time! 😎

You're on a ******* tear lately 😂 It's excellent. We've had our small disagreements in the past but I feel like this one here is pretty simple. We get our guys we succeeded. We don't we failed. Idk whats so hard about it lol

It's not hard. I think everyone agrees with that. As I said, we need to get our share of these June visitors, PERIOD. If we don't, and we start offering backups, it means we failed to close. I've stated that over and over. Don't fall for Napoleon's little trick, where goes out of control and then argues against a position no one ever took so he can make excuses for acting like an out of control weirdo.

It's not hard. I think everyone agrees with that. As I said, we need to get our share of these June visitors, PERIOD. If we don't, and we start offering backups, it means we failed to close. I've stated that over and over. Don't fall for Napoleon's little trick, where goes out of control and then argues against a position no one ever took so he can make excuses for acting like an out of control weirdo.
Shut the **** up you little twit. I’m not done with you

Advertisement
Fox Tv Popcorn GIF by The Four

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back