2024 WR Joshisa "Jojo" Trader (Miami Central) 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
All good brother. I get what you mean and alot of it annoys the **** outta me too. One thing I'd say is atleast with the few people partaking in the conversation with me, there's a few people that are quite knowledgeable about the game itself. So in my eyes their takes are valid. Because they aren't speaking on anything from any perspective other than personal opinions on his traits and how that could play out. All the same ANYONE complaining about our wr recruiting recruiting and segment taking joy from their soapboxes gonna feel real stupid in a few weeks. People gotta acknowledge it's a new day round here. We aren't desperate to simply announce each and every kid at the first second so people can then say we got a commit BUT... Mario is merciless with how he moves. His sole intent is shutting up EVERYONE nationally just that quick.
Preach on brother. I feel like its Sunday and I’m sitting in the pews nodding my head

Advertisement
Didn’t know where to post this but since we are taking WR. Geno Smith at The []_[] getting in some work with X, Horton and not sure the 3rd guy.

Anyone know who that is in the red long tank top?

View attachment 243528
Is that smith-njigba?

Looks like him and he’s on the Seahawks now.

Didn’t know where to post this but since we are taking WR. Geno Smith at The []_[] getting in some work with X, Horton and not sure the 3rd guy.

Anyone know who that is in the red long tank top?

View attachment 243528
Now this is what our WR‘s should look like. Gotta love Geno Smith. It’s a crying shame that he and Bridgewater did not play at uM but I don’t blame them at all.

Advertisement
For sure. That’s fair and makes sense. I would think a commitment info more than likely comes directly from the player. So if them leaking this too soon causes a kid to back off, not sure how that make sense in regards to Miami.

Idk the scenario but if the above is the case it “shouldn’t” cause a kid to change his mind.

I personally don't think any of this would be enough to cause a kid to change his mind. IIRC the Jason Marshall recruitment was a dumpster fire. But for real, was he REALLY coming here if his supposed "silent commitment" hadn't leaked out? No insider, but that always sounded like BS to me.... That said, I much prefer Mario's black box over the "I've got a secret" childishness of the Manny and Al Golden days.

In my experience, the recruit or his circle is usually the direct source, but the story is run with before that recruit wanted the word to get out. Probably what happened in the Mack case, doubt anyone related to the program said anything.

We did have a couple of instances over the past few years where guys on here accidentally gave away too much information that got into the online pubs and caused recruits to get really upset with the program. It's usually related to kids who are UVing in secrecy. At least one kid claimed the early announcement was the reason they backed off coming here, hence why all our insiders are super cautious in sharing commitment details before they break elsewhere.

To @RVACane 's point, I think that #1 happens when the recruit lets the story get out, and #2 happens when the school lets the story get out.

Both situations do happen.

To @RVACane 's point, I think that #1 happens when the recruit lets the story get out, and #2 happens when the school lets the story get out.

Both situations do happen.

Beating a dead horse here, but would you agree that #2 is a rare situation under Mario, whereas past staphs were leakier than the federal government?

Advertisement
I personally don't think any of this would be enough to cause a kid to change his mind. IIRC the Jason Marshall recruitment was a dumpster fire. But for real, was he REALLY coming here if his supposed "silent commitment" hadn't leaked out? No insider, but that always sounded like BS to me.... That said, I much prefer Mario's black box over the "I've got a secret" childishness of the Manny and Al Golden days.

It's not "just" the leak. In the Jason Marshall situation, when the "other" school finds out (Florida), they can raise their own pressure in a variety of ways, including pulling their offer. EVEN IF A KID SILENTS, he may not yet be TRULY 100%, and losing another offer may have a powerful impact.

There's a lot going on that most of us never see. It's not just "peer pressure" (hey, man, why are you flipping from Florida to Miami, now I hate you), there's a lot of crappy stuff that coaching staffs do as well.

Don't forget, before NIL gave us a "logical" reason why a kid might flip from School A to School B, there were coaches who would get flip payback by telling the world "yeah, we dropped him, he was overrated", and some of the recruits might have concerns about how that could impact rankings, all-star games, etc.

Filthy.

And let us NEVER forget about what Chucky Red Shoes did to Devin Hester, right @SWFLHurricane ?

Beating a dead horse here, but would you agree that #2 is a rare situation under Mario, whereas past staphs were leakier than the federal government?

Agree completely.

Guys can mock Mario for his unusual behavior, but he's got a reason. I really do think the timing of our whale-announcements is "as close to dead period as possible", so as to give other schools minimal time to respond with countermeasures.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I've been preaching evals for two decades now, ever since Butch left tbh. Chasing star ratings is what deep sixed the program under Coker in the first place. So many of those kids bought into their own hype they didn't put in the work and flamed out (Willie Williams) or got into trouble off-field (Ryan Moore). Shady and Bobby Sr never even made it to campus.

Yes, getting a 300 composite score means "something". But without good evals, you could just as easily be destroying collective team strength and cohesion as improving it.

Teddy Roosevelt: "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far". Don't ever underestimate your competitors. No reason to tell anyone anything ever except to support the recruits. Let the results speak for themselves.

that 2004 class, I mean... that was the one where UM jumped the shark like the Fonz. But it had stars!!

All good brother. I get what you mean and alot of it annoys the **** outta me too. One thing I'd say is atleast with the few people partaking in the conversation with me, there's a few people that are quite knowledgeable about the game itself. So in my eyes their takes are valid. Because they aren't speaking on anything from any perspective other than personal opinions on his traits and how that could play out. All the same ANYONE complaining about our wr recruiting recruiting and segment taking joy from their soapboxes gonna feel real stupid in a few weeks. People gotta acknowledge it's a new day round here. We aren't desperate to simply announce each and every kid at the first second so people can then say we got a commit BUT... Mario is merciless with how he moves. His sole intent is shutting up EVERYONE nationally just that quick.

to paraphrase Logan Roy (Succession) -- we are now SERIOUS people...

It’s not just about the stretch anymore though. A lot of recruiting is being done in the summer. Kids want to wrap it up and focus on their respective seasons.

Sure there will be plenty of kids to flip. But as it stands…

22 of the top 50 have committed to a school
50 of the top 100 have committed to a school.
74 of the top 150 have committed to a school.
102 of the top 200 have committed to a school.
134 of the top 247 have committed to a school.

That’s not including various Top247 guys that have scheduled commitments in the next coming weeks. I’m not saying Mario is behind the eight-ball or anything, but I don’t want any excuses regarding “they’ll come depending on the season”. That should apply to a handful of bonafide high four/five star guys, not most of our class. Elite kids across the country are jumping in the boat now, and just like last year…we need to rip July and August leading up to the season and re-generate positive momentum.

I trust Mario will being he’s strategic with the timing of commits.
**** that’s like almost exactly half.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back