2024 Transfer Portal

Can see the proximity to home and the intangibles, but they already landed Handlogten. If the kid was miffed at the Hunter transfer not sure why he’s basically going to a team with another established 5.
Unless I’m missing something, they’d be redundant on the floor at the same time.

Not saying we’d even pursue. Plus it’s a similar situation with Nwoko.

Advertisement
Unless we get a 2, Poplar will slide in to that role. Can’t see Jakai as the starter

If George is a good as advertised, he should start at the 3.

I could see this lineup on the floor to give Wooga a rest (let alone it’s an interesting one)

Pack
George
Cleveland
Omier
Nwoko

That’s significantly taller than we usually play

I think Joseph will start. I'm guessing he would've hit the portal if L didn't tell him he would be a starter next year.

Can see the proximity to home and the intangibles, but they already landed Handlogten. If the kid was miffed at the Hunter transfer not sure why he’s basically going to a team with another established 5.
Unless I’m missing something, they’d be redundant on the floor at the same time.

I doubt Udeh would be worried about Handlogten taking minutes from him. Handlogten is a good young player who had a nice freshmen year at Marshall, but there's a huge difference between competing for minutes against Hunter Dlckinson and a newbie like Handlogten.

Advertisement
Lets say we get Dingle or even 1 more fairly "high profile" transfer. Not a stud but even a great 6th/7th man

Then everyone comes back and the young guys all take a step forward even just a small one.

Will it be the highest expectation going into a season a Miami team has ever had? Coming off back-to-back years of what we have done. Awards, players returning, and some good young guys. We likely end up a preseason top 10

Last year we were preseason #4 w/2 first-place votes in the ACC and unranked nationally. Duke will be the national darling again next year. But then we likely are right behind them.
If we add no one else to our team, we are very good. As in preseason top 10 good and ACC top 3. Duke and UNC will likely be 1-2 because of high profile recruits, but I would be wiling to put some money down on UM winning the ACC again.
If Nwoko is as we think he is, then the greatest worry next year is an injury to Pack because Joseph can’t handle the scoring load. Omier is still crucial but with Nwoko and a hopefully a improved Casey, we should not be as vulnerable when Omier is out of a game.

Poplar will be a lot of fun to watch between the classic 3 point stroke and the high flying. Cleveland, for all his lack of confidence (blame Ham), is also a. highlight film. In high school he was must see. He guarded my son during their last 4 games over 2 seasons at rival schools. My son had some really good games against Matt, but in the last game for the conference championship, Matt turned up the D and dominated. He has that potential.

Only difference is Nwoko and Omier are probably both 4/5's who could play alongside Udeh. Handlogten is a 5 all day and Samuel who they brought in from Seton Hall is a 4/5 as well. They also have 2 freshmen bigs coming in as well. Would be a lot of bigs on one team who all have multiple years left minus Jarvis (the Yale kid) in a game where teams are getting smaller and more athletic.

Would love to have him at Miami. I know the staff was on him and he even came in for a visit if I’m not mistaken, but word is he may be heading at Gainesville. A few of his former travel ball teammates have already made the move there and he’s expected to follow.
I was wondering and hoping, what with the Florida connection. What you say about UF, though, makes sense.

They do have a 6'11 Aussie and the 7 footer (Handlogten, transfer from Marshall).

Advertisement
Unless we get a 2, Poplar will slide in to that role. Can’t see Jakai as the starter

If George is a good as advertised, he should start at the 3.

I could see this lineup on the floor to give Wooga a rest (let alone it’s an interesting one)

Pack
George
Cleveland
Omier
Nwoko

That’s significantly taller than we usually play
Kyshawn George is a Ball handling 2-Guard, you can put him at 3 if we were to add a big time scorer like Dingle, but otherwise you can play him at 2 or 3.

In this new era of Small-Ball most positions are interchangeable, between Joseph, George, Watson, Robinson & Wooga you can play all of them at both 2 & 3 spots depending on the matchups. Even Pack can play as an off-ball Guard when a distributor is on the floor. Even Matt Cleveland can play 3 sometimes... In today’s era of Basketball, the only real distinguishable positions are Centers & Point Guards, everybody else is pretty much a hybrid lol.

Theoretically, you could have a lineup where Casey, Omier, Cleveland, George & Pack are all on the floor at the same time, that probably wouldn’t happen, but in theory you could. Point is, lineup versatility is the name of the game, you don’t really need too many traditional set positions, you just need a ball handler that can swing the ball around, a Screener/Rebounder & a Shooter. Everything else is just a matter fitting pieces together for Defensive matchups & Offensive spacing.

Trilly is reporting grad students (and late paperwork) are still showing up in portal for awhile, and:
1683833642548.png

also, without NIL-agent or attorney, hearing the NIL payment landscape is a mess. Hunter ****inson is claiming he got less than 100,000 for last season at Michigan. I think we were quite fortunate (at least last season) to have LW, where some formality of contracting for promotional appearances and NIL "obligations" seemed to ease this issue for Miami transfers.

...from what I understand, you cannot contract "pay for play" (and that makes me wonder how you can actually have incentives which I think Atlanta-atty said could occur.) I guess collectives (or LW) is the way to assure all concerned some legit financial outcome, but think of a big wallet just sending over a check for a 100,000+ guy... what contract? what is this for? mowing his lawn and singing at his daughter's bar mitzvah? Glad we got it worked out for Cleveland (hear we outbid Missouri) and kudos to Ruiz or whomever got that accomplished (and maybe one more.)

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back