2024 Transfer Portal

Pack is a reluctant ball handler..
Pack has to be a ball handler if he wants to get drafted, its that simple. He's not touching the court at his size if he can't handle the ball and make plays for others. I don't care how good of a shooter he is, he even talked about it when he came to Miami initially that he wants to play PG.

Advertisement
Pack has to be a ball handler if he wants to get drafted, its that simple. He's not touching the court at his size if he can't handle the ball and make plays for others. I don't care how good of a shooter he is, he even talked about it when he came to Miami initially that he wants to play PG.
It was the sole reason he came and the reason we aren't actively recruiting a PG.

Really like that he and Pack are together.

The tweet says Noblesville, IN - Pack is from Indy, is Dingle also?

Advertisement
L is gonna have his work cut out for him if Dingle comes here.

I’m not convinced he is a plug and play superstar and there are only so many shots to go around and Dingle took a lot of them last year. Y’all got mad at Wong but Dingle had enough bad Wong nights against lesser competition.

He’s not a great shooter and I could see some chemistry issues. For example, Poplar is more athletic and a better shooter (though Dingle has a handle and Poplar doesn’t… yet).

I could be (probably am) totally wrong… and I don’t know him or his character or coachability or ego… but I’m not certain how much better he makes the currently constituted team.

Advertisement

I’m not convinced he is a plug and play superstar and there are only so many shots to go around and Dingle took a lot of them last year....
Probably an issue for many teams, but y'all remember the whiteboard "Share the Ball" last season. Always annoys me a bit when they say "xyz" led the way with 13 points when he was 4 for 14. For Pack to be a viable PG he's gonna have to share the ball more than he likes, but, eh, I won't mind if he shoots a lot.

I’m not convinced he is a plug and play superstar and there are only so many shots to go around and Dingle took a lot of them last year. Y’all got mad at Wong but Dingle had enough bad Wong nights against lesser competition.

He’s not a great shooter and I could see some chemistry issues. For example, Poplar is more athletic and a better shooter (though Dingle has a handle and Poplar doesn’t… yet).

I could be (probably am) totally wrong… and I don’t know him or his character or coachability or ego… but I’m not certain how much better he makes the currently constituted team.
I’d be surprised if a kid playing in the ivy league doesn’t have high character and low on the coachable scale.

I’d be surprised if a kid playing in the ivy league doesn’t have high character and low on the coachable scale.
Yeah, we went hard after the 6'9 Yale kid, Paul Atkinson, a few yrs ago who ended up at Notre Dame. Lotta good Ivy players.

Advertisement

There are plenty of arrogant pricks in the Ivy League. Plenty of phenomenal people too… but Ivy correlates more to academic achievement than character.

Also, he was used to being THE guy. A Ferrari in a parking lot of used sub-compact sedans. Not sure how he will take to playing with guys that are better than him during his money year.

Not saying he is a bad fit… but there are plenty of reasons why he might not work out here.

Advertisement
Not assuming we get Dingle. But if we somehow do, a lot of guy are getting minutes cut. That would be an 11 man rotation which could grow to 12 with Favour.

Pack/Benz
Dingle/George or Poplar/Jakai
Poplar/George or Watson
Cleveland/Casey
Omier/Nwoko/(Aire)

Guys like George, Watson and Jakai would probably be affected the most. Not saying it’s a bad thing, just stating facts.

On the latest 560 interview L didn’t even mention Jakai when discussing next year’s impact new players (he did mention Watson and George).

Without any other transfers I see the lineup as

Pack/Benz
Poplar/Jakai
George or Watson
Cleveland/Casey
Omier/Nwoko (Aire)

Not assuming we get Dingle. But if we somehow do, a lot of guy are getting minutes cut. That would be an 11 man rotation which could grow to 12 with Favour.

Pack/Benz
Dingle/George or Poplar/Jakai
Poplar/George or Watson
Cleveland/Casey
Omier/Nwoko/(Aire)

Guys like George, Watson and Jakai would probably be affected the most. Not saying it’s a bad thing, just stating facts.

On the latest 560 interview L didn’t even mention Jakai when discussing next year’s impact new players (he did mention Eatson and George).

Without any other transfers I see the lineup as

Pack/Benz
Poplar/Jakai
George or Watson
Cleveland/Casey
Omier/Nwoko (Aire)
Where did Aire coming back come from?

Advertisement
Back