2024 Transfer Portal

Advertisement
If we land Cleveland (or something similar), I'm fine with next season. Obviously some big teams, Duke, Kansas, Kentucky, etc, are going to be loaded, but Cleveland can take most of the Miller spot, Poplar and Pack combined will make up for most of Wong, and the young players will provide a deeper team.

Presumably Omier and Pack both really improve as college veterans in their second year with the program.

That's definitely a top 3 Acc team, a sweet 16 team on paper.

Of course one more rotation depth piece, a long tall 3 and D guy, would be nice.

How is this kids overall defensive game? From the few defensive highlights he had there he looks like a lockdown defender. I love this kid on the glass and his ability to put the ball on the floor and get to the basket. He’d be a very nice compliment to Omier and has a lot of similarities to Miller.

If we land Cleveland (or something similar), I'm fine with next season. Obviously some big teams, Duke, Kansas, Kentucky, etc, are going to be loaded, but Cleveland can take most of the Miller spot, Poplar and Pack combined will make up for most of Wong, and the young players will provide a deeper team.

Presumably Omier and Pack both really improve as college veterans in their second year with the program.

That's definitely a top 3 Acc team, a sweet 16 team on paper.

Of course one more rotation depth piece, a long tall 3 and D guy, would be nice.

giphy.gif

Advertisement
I’d love if we got Cleveland and the kid from Nova Southeastern. Is there room for a 3rd? If for some reason Omier were to leave we need one of the better 6’10-7’2 guys out there. Not even to score just alter shots and rebound while not depending on Nwoko right away.

Advertisement
Who else is coming besides Cleveland?

Assuming Omier and Pack return, we are sitting at 10 scholarship players next year with Cleveland.

I could see this as the main rotation with what we’ll have by adding Cleveland.

Pack/Benz
Poplar/Jakai
George or Watson
Cleveland/Casey
Omier/Nwoko

There’s lots of different lineup options as well.

Last edited:
I’d love if we got Cleveland and the kid from Nova Southeastern. Is there room for a 3rd? If for some reason Omier were to leave we need one of the better 6’10-7’2 guys out there. Not even to score just alter shots and rebound while not depending on Nwoko right away.
It’s a fine line between too many and too few. Not saying I agree with going lean, but you saw the effect of 13 scholarships. Even Oosterbroek put in for the portal.

Assuming Omier and Pack return, we are sitting at 9 scholarship players next year with Cleveland.

I could see this as the main rotation with what we’ll have by adding Cleveland.

Pack/Benz
Poplar/Jakai
George or Watson
Cleveland
Omier/Nwoko

There’s lots of different lineup options as well.

10 scholarship players, forgot AJ Casey.

Advertisement

Problem with adding an impact player is the ripple effect.

Who sits if we add someone like RJ?

Consider the above lineup

Pack/Benz
Poplar/Jakai
George or Watson
Cleveland/Casey
Omier/Nwoko

Now add in Sunahara

The lineup looks more like

Pack/Benz
Poplar/George/Jakai
Cleveland/George or Watson
Sunahara/Cleveland/Casey
Omier/Nwoko

Not saying the second lineup isn’t better, but the PT starts falling for guys like Casey, Watson and Jakai. Obviously if Omier leaves it’s a different conversation

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back