2024 Transfer Portal

Advertisement
I am thinking this George kid from Europe is probably going to start and replace Miller's role. He is already competing professionally in
Europe so ready to compete in D1.
That would be great if he’s good enough to start.

I said this in another thread (or maybe it was this thread a few pages back), but I think we’re all too focused on this “replacement” aspect. Each team each year is unique. It’s likely we won’t find someone as good as Miller in the portal. That doesn’t mean that other guys can’t step up and this team can’t be very good again.
Sam was much maligned on this board, but he was **** good player for us our Elite Eight season. Jim loved his game and his contributions. Imagine Sam with Omier and I think that is what you get with Beran going into his 5th season.

One thing for sure we are getting longer without losing our athleticism.

You will get more production out of Benz and Wooga. Despite an awful game against UConn, Wooga was terrific down the stretch. He had 48 points in our 4 tournament wins, too. I think Jim believes he has a replacement for Wong with Wooga. We are also going to get more production out of Pack and Omier.

A core of Pack (senior), Omier (senior), Wooga (junior), Benz (junior), and Beran (super senior) is pretty darn good. The Swiss kid will be 20 in December, and he was playing against adults. Nwogo has a college ready body. He'll be a better piece than Walker, because he looks to be a willing rebounder. We got nothing from Anthony on the boards and he was a liability on defense.

Plenty of opportunity for Robinson, Watson and Casey, too.

Last edited:
Advertisement
L said we're going to add two transfers. We didn't account for the George addition but he may very well factor into the rotation next year given his experience playing professionally. As much as I'd love to add Cleveland, I feel he may be redundant at this point given that Beran is 6'9 and George is 6'6 and apparently still growing.

Between Omier, Casey, Wooga, (likely) Beran, Watson, Nwoko and George, our big/swing depth is fairly deep going into next year. If we're going to add another portal guy, I'd prefer the spot go to a lead scoring guard to replace Wong that can slot in between Pack and Wooga.

Omier/Nwoko
Beran/Casey
Wooga/Watson/George
Transfer/Jakai
Pack/Joseph

Last edited:
Advertisement
Tweet from 2019. Excited to see what L and staff can do with him

Seems like a good pickup. Of course we won’t know for certain until the roster is completed but any idea if he is supposed to start or come off the bench? I like seeing 6’9 and can shoot the three, also read he was 23. Should be mature and a good locker room fit. Also coming from Northwestern, must be a smart kid

Advertisement
I’d think with 10 on scholarship plus two walk ons we will be ok. Plus, Danilo maybe should he withdraw.

At some point, we risk running into subtraction by addition.

L said we're going to add two transfers. We didn't account for the George addition but he may very well factor into the rotation next year given his experience playing professionally. As much as I'd love to add Cleveland, I feel he may be redundant at this point given that Beran is 6'9 and George is 6'6 and apparently still growing.

Between Omier, Casey, Wooga, (likely) Beran, Watson, Nwoko and George, our big/swing depth is fairly deep going into next year. If we're going to add another portal guy, I'd prefer the spot go to a lead scoring guard to replace Wong that can slot in between Pack and Wooga.

Omier/Nwoko
Beran/Casey
Wooga/Watson/George
Transfer/Jakai
Pack/Joseph
I’d venture to guess Wooga is at the two next year

That would be great if he’s good enough to start.

playing professionally in Europe you are competing against grown *** men. I don't think the transition to college ball will be that difficult for him. I guess we'll see.

Advertisement
I've heard for a week-plus that Beran was Miami's most likely addition. But I'm not a reporter so who knows

IMG_0020.jpeg

Omier/Nwoko
Beran/Casey
Wooga/Watson/George
Transfer/Jakai
Pack/Joseph
As it stands, I think it's more like

Omier/Nwoko
Beran/Casey
George/Watson
Wooga/Jakai
Pack/Joseph

I think Wooga starts at the 2 and both he and George could be interchangeable at that spot. Would love to add another ball handler. We still don't know what we have with Jakai, and you can never have too many guards.

I'm watching the career highlights now and Beran is a really, really good entry passer. Omier is going to feast when he has position and the defense has to switch.

Check out these time stamps
4:05
4:25
4:50
6:55
8:45
9:07

This kid is the epitome of the type of player Coach L will get the most out of and already comes from a great coach/system.

Advertisement
Back