2024 Roster Discussion

If you get Cuvet, something like this based on the current roster?
C Perez
1B Torres/Cuvet
2B Sir Cyr
SS Jimenez
3B Torres/Cuvet
OF Carrier or freshman
OF Jacoby
OF Villegas
DH Carrier or freshman

Somehow the pitching is still more concerning….

Advertisement
C Perez
1B Torres/Cuvet
2B Sir Cyr
SS Jimenez
3B Torres/Cuvet
OF Carrier or freshman
OF Jacoby
OF Villegas
DH Carrier or freshman

Perfect Game notes that Jimenez could move to 3rd. Could we then see:

2B: Dorian
SS: Cyr
3B: Jimenez
DH: Torres/Cuvet

Perfect Game notes that Jimenez could move to 3rd. Could we then see:

2B: Dorian
SS: Cyr
3B: Jimenez
DH: Torres/Cuvet
Could also see if Fernandez pushes Dorian for SS or 2B in that scenario. Going really young would be pragmatic, although I make no promises not to be screaming if we have an FSU-like season.

Could also see if Fernandez pushes Dorian for SS or 2B in that scenario. Going really young would be pragmatic, although I make no promises not to be screaming if we have an FSU-like season.
He should get every opportunity, and it will tell us a lot about what JD intends to do, e.g. Martin Jr or Link Jarrett approach.

Carrier needs to have a break-out year if we're to be at all competitive in '24 IMO. The new hitting coach will have his work cut out for him.

Advertisement
He should get every opportunity, and it will tell us a lot about what JD intends to do, e.g. Martin Jr or Link Jarrett approach.

Carrier needs to have a break-out year if we're to be at all competitive in '24 IMO. The new hitting coach will have his work cut out for him.
Wouldn’t mind if Carrier could learn to play first

C: Perez, Scanlon, Goytia
Corner Infield: Torres, Cuvet*
Middle Infield: Cyr, Dorian, Jimenez, Fernandez
OF:Villegas, Long, Carrier, Kulikowski, Reyes

RHP: Ziehl, B Walters, Gallo, Chestnutt, Olivera, Robert, Diaz, Vargas
LHP: Rafe, Scinta, Crowther, Caba, Valentin, Caruso

I count 28 total players if Cuvet gets to campus…and three of them are coming off elbow injuries. Maybe you can talk Torres into another year senior day or not. We’re usually at 38-40 potential players at this point and wondering which freshman drops off from the back end of the class before the semester starts.

Last edited:

I count 28 total players if Cuvet gets to campus…and three of them are coming off elbow injuries. Maybe you can talk Torres into another year senior day or not. We’re usually at 38-40 potential players at this point and wondering which freshman drops off from the back end of the class before the semester starts.
My transfer portal targets would be
- 1 MIF
- 1 corner IF
- 2 OF
- 2 pitchers

That would get us to 34 total

My transfer portal targets would be
- 1 MIF
- 1 corner IF
- 2 OF
- 2 pitchers

That would get us to 34 total
Make Catcher a priority. Go get a portal guy. Perez and Scanlon can't hit at this level. Don't bring both of them back. Develop the young guy Goytia .
Renzo will be back in the mix as a DH or OF.
Carrier is not very athletic out in the field. We can only hope he has spent the summer on his fielding.

Advertisement
Make Catcher a priority. Go get a portal guy. Perez and Scanlon can't hit at this level. Don't bring both of them back. Develop the young guy Goytia .
Renzo will be back in the mix as a DH or OF.
Carrier is not very athletic out in the field. We can only hope he has spent the summer on his fielding.
Two starting pitchers would be a dream. A starter and two inning eaters would be a big help.
The Washington 1B or someone like him to hit 3-4-5 has to be a NIL $$ priority.
We have lots of young talent coming in this fall and it will take time for them to learn new positions and to hit at this level.

There were two MDC pitchers coming last I heard

What is our rotation? Assuming we get nobody good in the portal, because…well…we aren’t getting anyone good in the portal, are we looking:

Friday- Ziehl
Saturday- Gallo
Sunday- Chestnutt

Or do we extend Rafe into a starting role or use him as closer? I’m scared.

What is our rotation? Assuming we get nobody good in the portal, because…well…we aren’t getting anyone good in the portal, are we looking:

Friday- Ziehl
Saturday- Gallo
Sunday- Chestnutt

Get as much pitching as possible. The roles will work itself out.
Crowther and Walters will help out when the season starts.
Incoming freshmen will have an opportunity to get on the mound.
Not so sure about a portal starter coming our way. Might have to count on those two incoming MDC guys coming in.
I believe both were drafted late yesterday.

Advertisement

Friday- Ziehl
Saturday- Gallo
Sunday- Chestnutt

So our rotation includes a lawyer from Brooklyn and the hot dog eating champion. Fantastic.

Get as much pitching as possible. The roles will work itself out.
Crowther and Walters will help out when the season starts.
Incoming freshmen will have an opportunity to get on the mound.
Not so sure about a portal starter coming our way. Might have to count on those two incoming MDC guys coming in.
I believe both were drafted late yesterday.
I only see one from MDC - LHP Hernandez. Is the kid from Nova SE the other one considering us if he doesn't sign - Rey?

Friday- Ziehl
Saturday- Gallo
Sunday- Chestnutt

oooffff ….I will say this if JD makes the NCAA tournament with this roster I will feel much more optimistic with him going forward. II’m just worried about making the ACC tourney.

Advertisement
C Perez
1B Torres/Cuvet
2B Sir Cyr
SS Jimenez
3B Torres/Cuvetknow
OF Carrier or freshman
OF Jacoby
OF Villegas
DH Carrier or freshman

I know this is hard to determine this early but how ready do you think guys like Cuvet and Jimenez are to contribute right away at this level? I know miamis had some solid freshmen come thru and contribute early in the past few seasons. ADC and Cyr come to mind

Friday- Ziehl
Saturday- Gallo
Sunday- Chestnutt

This is brutal...especially considering the offensive losses. Most likely not gna have the same type of offensive fire power to account for less than stellar pitching. Is there any portal options starting pitching wise. Desperately need 2 imo

Friday- Ziehl
Saturday- Gallo
Sunday- Chestnutt

Rafe earned a weekend spot with that outing against Texas in the regional imho

I’d like to see what Jimenez can give us at SS. Assuming Santana is gone.

Also is it a guarantee Pitelli is gone?
If they were drafted in the top-10 rounds, they are absolutely gone. 97% have signed since moving to this format and most of the ones who didn't sign failed to do so because of injury or flagged during physical.

If you are a college player drafted after the top-10 rounds it is over 80% and most of the ones who didn't sign were sophomores etc. rather than true juniors.

HS players drafted after round 15 almost always go to school, well over 80%.

Advertisement
Back