2024 Roster Discussion

Chestnutt spending some time out at Driveline this summer. Happy to hear. He has the stuff, esp the change up. But if he can go a tick up on velo across the board it will help immensely. Hoping they cut down a bit on his front side to smooth him out a bit. Deception is good but he is so herky jerky it’s almost impossible to be consistent batter to batter let alone outing to outing.

Advertisement
Chestnutt spending some time out at Driveline this summer. Happy to hear. He has the stuff, esp the change up. But if he can go a tick up on velo across the board it will help immensely. Hoping they cut down a bit on his front side to smooth him out a bit. Deception is good but he is so herky jerky it’s almost impossible to be consistent batter to batter let alone outing to outing.
This is what Ligon, (et al still with the team) should be doing instead of throwing in the Cape.

Advertisement
Do you see a situation where Cyr plays SS and Dorian at 2nd? Was kinda shocked Dorian didn't hit the portal but with some much production leaving I wouldn't mind some veterans sticking around
Could do some combo of the two, but I think ideally one of the freshman or the Davidson SS taking the spot would be preferable.

Good fellows, what have we seen from Sir Cyr that buoys our confidence in him fielding at short?
His natural position is SS. I saw him play short in the fall and the pre-season. He was throwing seeds. Looked completely different. Something about the turn at second or the shorter throws had him rattled. I don’t care if he plays short like Freddie Z- he can rake.

Advertisement
And even more important - what have we seen from Dorian’s bat to justify him in the lineup? His good glove doesn’t make up for his hitting imo
True but at this point who else is there? I know it's still early but this team lost a lot of production and hasn't made any noise in the portal yet

Did JD go on vacation with Rad? It’s been ridiculously quiet while everyone else is loading up.
Since he’s never been a HC he might not know where to begin so is trying to come up with his catch phrases or slogans like Mario. Or learning to dance like Larranaga.

True but at this point who else is there? I know it's still early but this team lost a lot of production and hasn't made any noise in the portal yet
I’d like to see what Jimenez can give us at SS. Assuming Santana is gone.

Also is it a guarantee Pitelli is gone?

Advertisement
It’s sad that something so absurd could be considered real. Tells you the state of our program/AD
While it is absurd(and I did not take your initial post serious), majority of recruits come from Columbus, Doral and FC. There have been too many over the years in tri-county that were not recruited.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back