2024 Recruiting

Advertisement
Advertisement
It’s time to take our recruiting to the next level. We don’t need 1 and done’s, but we need to start bringing in some freshmen that can give us quality minutes from day 1. No one from this 2023 class was able to do that. Aire looked useless in his limited minutes, Casey did not look ready either. Watson flashed but was buried on the depth chart. We just need to start bringing in some guys that don’t need 1-2 years of grooming before they’re at least playable.

It’s time to take our recruiting to the next level. We don’t need 1 and done’s, but we need to start bringing in some freshmen that can give us quality minutes from day 1. No one from this 2023 class was able to do that. Aire looked useless in his limited minutes, Casey did not look ready either. Watson flashed but was buried on the depth chart. We just need to start bringing in some guys that don’t need 1-2 years of grooming before they’re at least playable.

Thats where the portal comes in. We kinda know what they are capable of

Advertisement

Maybe people will realize that there is actually a lot of basketball talent in FL.
12 fewer than NY and more that PA, MA and NJ.
Extremely interesting.

We've talked about this before. Do these Florida numbers include IMG, Monteverde, etc. which bring in out of state players?

This time around, I think FAU only had one Florida player (Rosado, coming off the bench) and the rest of the FF teams, none. Last year, iirc, there were no starters from FL on any of the Sweet Sixteen teams.

We've talked about this before. Do these Florida numbers include IMG, Monteverde, etc. which bring in out of state players?

This time around, I think FAU only had one Florida player (Rosado, coming off the bench) and the rest of the FF teams, none. Last year, iirc, there were no starters from FL on any of the Sweet Sixteen teams.
I don’t think the talent in Florida catches anyone who regularly posts here by surprise. The staff has rarely prioritized the state though.

I don’t think the talent in Florida catches anyone who regularly posts here by surprise. The staff has rarely prioritized the state though.
Should we? I’m not attuned to recruiting in basketball although I watch a ton of games for the men’s program and some for the women’s team. If we have local studs, why not prioritize them? Or is it that Coach L loves the NE kids better?

And the question remains, is that a good or bad thing? With "proven" Portal xsfers, HS recruits have become almost an afterthought.

Advertisement

Maybe people will realize that there is actually a lot of basketball talent in FL.
12 fewer than NY and more that PA, MA and NJ.
Extremely interesting.

This is a really strong argument to NOT recruit Florida.

Florida is the 3rd most populous state. That means you need to cover more territory to find good players than you do in other states.

Should we? I’m not attuned to recruiting in basketball although I watch a ton of games for the men’s program and some for the women’s team. If we have local studs, why not prioritize them? Or is it that Coach L loves the NE kids better?
And the question remains, is that a good or bad thing? With "proven" Portal xsfers, HS recruits have become almost an afterthought.
Are there Florida kids who could help us win? For sure. Does that mean I’m unhappy with the team building as a whole? No, not really. I don’t know that the staff should try to force the issue locally if their strengths lie elsewhere, but I do wish we had the flexibility when needed.

It will be interesting to see how many scholarships are available for the 2024 recruiting class.
Definitely want to avoid those one and dones.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back