2024 Recruiting

Advertisement
None of our 2022 Frosh got any real run this past season. So ... we have no idea what we have, or don't have, in that class. Casey got the most minutes but, for whatever reason, made no real mark.

None of our 2022 Frosh got any real run this past season. So ... we have no idea what we have, or don't have, in that class. Casey got the most minutes but, for whatever reason, made no real mark.
I saw this from a lot of teams, I made the point earlier in the season, must be all these old dudes sticking around now. Frosh on a bunch of teams got little to no burn at all, lot of top 100 guys very limited action. I was really excited about our class, would have loved to see more of them.

I saw this from a lot of teams, I made the point earlier in the season, must be all these old dudes sticking around now. Frosh on a bunch of teams got little to no burn at all, lot of top 100 guys very limited action. I was really excited about our class, would have loved to see more of them.
Excellent points. Miller is def gone, Wong probably. If we bring in another couple ready-to-play Portal guys (like Omier and Pack this season), where does that leave the 2022 and 2023 class of HS Recruits. The log jam at the bottom just continues to grow with the result you start to lose your own recruits to the Portal.

Advertisement
BC2A99D9-D21C-42B9-8C9F-88FC5AFD618D.jpeg
4BB791EA-F492-448C-8870-07A71C1D69CB.jpeg

Boogie Fland is the only 5 star we've offered in 2024 according to 247, but there are quite a few guys we've offered that are in the top 50.

Advertisement
Watson looks like he could be a star
Maybe he will be. But ... what do you base your claim on? He was rarely seen this season.

Watson and Aire come from the DC Catholic League which has national prominence in terms of excellence of HS competition. But ... Earl Timberlake and Lykes had the same pedigree (were far more highly regarded) and we all know what happened with them.

Maybe he will be. But ... what do you base your claim on? He was rarely seen this season.

Watson and Aire come from the DC Catholic League which has national prominence in terms of excellence of HS competition. But ... Earl Timberlake and Lykes had the same pedigree (were far more highly regarded) and we all know what happened with them.

Agreed... the couple of times I saw Watson, garbage minutes and a small sample size maybe,.. but he looked like he had quickness, control and an eye for the basket.
... and he isn't a midget

Agreed... the couple of times I saw Watson, garbage minutes and a small sample size maybe,.. but he looked like he had quickness, control and an eye for the basket.
... and he isn't a midget
Good points. None of the frosh really got to show what they have, or don't have, at this point. That's both good and bad IMO.

Good that our rotation is so deep that first year players can be brought along and developed without having to throw them in over their heads; bad, in that none of them was apparently so clearly outstanding as to demand more PT now!

Advertisement

Lykes was good for us. He averaged 16.2 points as a sophomore and 15.4 as a junior.

Sorber with a huge season. Already a bit recruit but this summer it wouldnt surprise me if it picked up even more. As I mentioned before we have a lot of connections here. Fingers crossed. His team just lost in State Semi's to Imhotep who is loaded and they basically sent 3 at him every time he touched the ball. This is Omiers replacement right here.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back