2024 QB Michael Van Buren

Dont worry, Cristobal has a patented method for finding 2 star gems.
These are just facts as things stand today. I’m not going to pounce on him and kick the same horse over and take easy snipes. There’s no point. He’s not getting past this until Dawson shows something on the field this season. That’s the price of Gattis… and Morehead before that I suppose and we’re going to have to wait so what’s the point right now?

When the season starts, if the offense looks like we hope then he’ll find a way to bring talent here. If it’s not what we hope for then it’s going to be a struggle.

Advertisement
These are just facts as things stand today. I’m not going to pounce on him and kick the same horse over and take easy snipes. There’s no point. He’s not getting past this until Dawson shows something on the field this season. That’s the price of Gattis… and Morehead before that I suppose and we’re going to have to wait so what’s the point right now?

When the season starts, if the offense looks like we hope then he’ll find a way to bring talent here. If it’s not what we hope for then it’s going to be a struggle.
This is the reality of the situation in a nutshell. You're 100% correct in your assessment that this is the price Mario is paying for following up Morehead with Gattis. It really can't be overstated just how badly Mario shot himself in the foot with the decision to hire Gattis.

The good news is that apparently that whole fiasco was bad enough that it forced Mario into a "Come to Jesus" moment. Now it's up to Dawson to show something during the season and I truly believe that he will.

Advertisement
Who had him as a 5 star? I don’t see any of the sites remotely close. 5’11 180 no thanks.
Add him with Judd and our QB class averages 6’3 195 pounds…

Think About It GIF by Identity

Advertisement
Advertisement
maybe this kid isn't that good, idk anything about what he did his senior year, but i do not possibly care that he's 5'11. the nfl is a different beast, but size in a college QB doesn't matter.

maybe this kid isn't that good, idk anything about what he did his senior year, but i do not possibly care that he's 5'11. the nfl is a different beast, but size in a college QB doesn't matter.
I feel the same way with college hoops. I’m almost happier if a kid is an inch or two short because it means they’re more likely to stick around.

This signals that Cam Ward is going to Oregon.

They probably told this kid so it wouldn’t be a shock on Monday and instead he chose to decommit.

Or Dante Moore going to start there for multiple years. Don’t think a 1 year stop gap player like Ward would be the reason for him to decommit.

Advertisement
No thank you.

Watched that game on ESPN and wanted to take that 5th star off him my **** self. He was running for his life and seemed like the lights were too bright till he got hurt

This signals that Cam Ward is going to Oregon.

They probably told this kid so it wouldn’t be a shock on Monday and instead he chose to decommit.
Isn't Can ward a 1 year rental?

Is Van Buren only planning to go somewhere he can start as a true freshman?

Advertisement
Back