2024 QB Michael Van Buren

Probably means his true height is 5'12 :LOL::LOL::LOL:

1670539662374.png

Advertisement
would be incredible to get him locked up early and be a vocal leader for next year's class

with how mario and co like size though, not sure he fits the mold

Advertisement
Advertisement
I wouldnt mind getting a guy like this..undersized but from a power house program who we may can get to commit and become an ambassador of the class. He impressed me a bit when played down here...an i would like an in at his hs program. I dont see us getting the elite , elite qbs so go after this kid and prioritize him.

Lock him in an go after CJ Bailey locally as well.

Last edited:
I wouldnt mind getting a guy like this..undersized but from a power house program who we may can get to commit and become an ambassador of the class. He impressed me a bit when played down here...an i would like an in at his hs program. I dont see us getting the elite , elite qbs so go after this kid and prioritize him
We got Ponce elite, elite is all we get.

Advertisement
KId can definitely spin it. There's a lot to like on that highlight video.

We still on him hard? Really want Air or MVB as QB1 and a Moga or Hairston as QB2.

Haven’t hard anything with MVB for a minute.

Advertisement
We still on him hard? Really want Air or MVB as QB1 and a Moga or Hairston as QB2.

Haven’t hard anything with MVB for a minute.

Will be interesting to see with the new coaches how the QB board shapes up over the summer.

This guy is a really good example of what's wrong with recruiting rankings.

He's a 5*, the #2 QB and the 10th overall player on ESPN, but only a 3*, 23rd overall QB and nowhere near their top 247 on 247sports (their rankings, not the composite). That's one **** of a gap.

Its not any better with the other two. Rivals has him as their 6th best QB and 59th overall player, while On3 (who I'm convinced uses a blindfold and dartboard in their ranking process) has him at 297 overall and as the 17th best QB.

His ranking is going to come down to who he signs with. If its Alabama, he's the next Bryce Young, proving that height doesn't matter. If its Maryland, they'll all have questions about his height being an issue.

This guy is a really good example of what's wrong with recruiting rankings.

He's a 5*, the #2 QB and the 10th overall player on ESPN, but only a 3*, 23rd overall QB and nowhere near their top 247 on 247sports (their rankings, not the composite). That's one **** of a gap.

Its not any better with the other two. Rivals has him as their 6th best QB and 59th overall player, while On3 (who I'm convinced uses a blindfold and dartboard in their ranking process) has him at 297 overall and as the 17th best QB.

His ranking is going to come down to who he signs with. If its Alabama, he's the next Bryce Young, proving that height doesn't matter. If its Maryland, they'll all have questions about his height being an issue.
His ranking will come down to who offers, how he performs at camps if he attends, his senior season and finally who he gets signs with. Of course there is a discrepancy in the rankings, it’s March 15th. This happens every single year, this kid is still a Junior in HS.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back