2024 2024 QB Danny O'Neil

I never understood GPA's above 4.0. Still don't. The highest grade you can get is an A which is 4.0. Seems like grades have been watered down since I was in high school school. Oh well, that's another thread.
I’m pretty sure it has to do with AP or honors classes. An A in an AP class is higher then a 4.0. How much I have no idea. Academics was not my cup of tea. Just did the bare minimum to get by. 😂🤣😂🤣

Advertisement
Posted about Danny in another thread but decided to make a separate one for him. He's a 2024 QB out of Indianapolis Cathedral HS which is a similar program to STA. They're not in a conference so they play the top teams out of Indy, Cinci and Louisville each year and had recent draft picks in Terry McLaurin and Pete Werner.

He was an Adidas freshman All-American last year and just tore it up at the Army All-American Bowl Combine. Danny was the first QB in school history to get varsity snaps as a freshman and got an offer from Toledo over the summer before he was a starter. He won a state championship this fall and threw for 33 TDs to 2 picks and ran for another 10.

He has a huge interest in Miami and would likely commit if we ever were to offer. He was just at FSU last week, has had visits to Purdue, Indiana, Cinci, just had Bill O'Brian from Bama stop by and meet him and he's been hearing from ND and WVU.

I've known him since he was either in 5th or 6th grade. He has a football IQ on par with most current D1 QBs, good athlete and incredible work ethic.

The only thing I can think of for someone to knock or recruiting sites to not give him a high ranking is height. It says on 247 that he is only 6 foot even and they rank players based on draft potential and they are big on height for QBs. Maybe Kyler Murray single handily (a smidge of Russell Wilson before him) changes that narrative. Still to early to tell but good eye Austin.

I never understood GPA's above 4.0. Still don't. The highest grade you can get is an A which is 4.0. Seems like grades have been watered down since I was in high school school. Oh well, that's another thread.
Did they have APs? APs is how kids get above a 4.0 .... getting an A in an Advanced Placement is worth 6.0 on a 4.0 scale.

Advertisement
Dude probably can play but size will keep him from getting big offers....its ah common situation 5-10 to 6 foot qb's to work in college ball but these rankings are based off NFL ability....

I live in Nap(what they call the city of indianapolis) now and I can tell you from being here the past 8 years, the biggest competition we’d have if we pull the trigger on this kid is ND. This state is ND country. They feel about the Irish like how we feel about the Canes plus Freeman is an excellent recruiter and starting to give ND a nationwide reach. “Coincidentally”, Cathedral’s colors are green and gold and are the Fighting Irish as well. If we did snag him, it would be a major coup. I’ll make it a point to try and go out to some of their games and report what I see next fall.

Advertisement

His recruitment is about to take off. Hearing weekly from Bill O'Brian at Bama, entire FSU staff follows him and will likely offer soon now. Georgia and Oklahoma just got in contact in the last week as well. I'm in Indy right now and saw him last week and he reiterated he really wants to hear from Miami

His recruitment is about to take off. Hearing weekly from Bill O'Brian at Bama, entire FSU staff follows him and will likely offer soon now. Georgia and Oklahoma just got in contact in the last week as well. I'm in Indy right now and saw him last week and he reiterated he really wants to hear from Miami

I get it but hard to imagine that the ‘24 QB won’t be either Posse or Aaronson

Posted about Danny in another thread but decided to make a separate one for him. He's a 2024 QB out of Indianapolis Cathedral HS which is a similar program to STA. They're not in a conference so they play the top teams out of Indy, Cinci and Louisville each year and had recent draft picks in Terry McLaurin and Pete Werner.

He was an Adidas freshman All-American last year and just tore it up at the Army All-American Bowl Combine. Danny was the first QB in school history to get varsity snaps as a freshman and got an offer from Toledo over the summer before he was a starter. He won a state championship this fall and threw for 33 TDs to 2 picks and ran for another 10.

He has a huge interest in Miami and would likely commit if we ever were to offer. He was just at FSU last week, has had visits to Purdue, Indiana, Cinci, just had Bill O'Brian from Bama stop by and meet him and he's been hearing from ND and WVU.

I've known him since he was either in 5th or 6th grade. He has a football IQ on par with most current D1 QBs, good athlete and incredible work ethic.

Just out of curiousity, why big interest in UM? Nice technique this one

Advertisement
Combination of seeing the 30 for 30 movies when he was younger, hearing me talk about them for years while we were at the same training facility. Also the weather and academic side with smaller classes
He’s not a ND fan?

Advertisement
They have fans?
lol! I’m in Indy and it’s a religious following. Personally, I’m not buying it. That deep in Irish country/ Big Ten country. Nah. Could be a pyburn situation where he wants to use UM to pump his recruitment. Anyone know how many recruits we’ve ever gotten from Indiana?

Do they still get the old Irish uniforms at that school? 20 years ago or so, they would get their stuff from the Domers and they literally used them.

Advertisement
Back