2024 2024 QB Danny O'Neil

Advertisement
Qbs are interested in us again

Oh No Wow GIF by The Great British Bake Off

Advertisement
Advertisement
Since this thread is recirculating I’ll add an update with my 2 cents. I’ve known Danny since he was in 5th or 6th grade and while I was still finishing school. We went to the same trainer in Indy and I’d help run a summer camp each year so I’ve seen him grow as a player over the years.

He has good arm talent but his work ethic and football IQ are off the charts. I’d say his knowledge of the game is better than most D1 kids right now and on par with where Kaaya was his freshman year as a starter and Malik later on in his career.

He loves ND but I’d be surprised if an offer came there since CJ Carr has been committed for awhile. He and his parents have talked about Miami to me for years and I’ve tried to help facilitate through multiple coaching changes so I know the interest on Danny’s end is legit and I’ll surely be staying in his ear. Coach Dawson also visited Danny in Indy a few weeks ago so they have a good relationship.

I’m not huge on comparisons but he reminds me a lot of a college version of Baker Mayfield. Super competitive and wants to win every sprint and drill, is a plus athlete and a gamer.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Indianapolis (Ind.) Cathedral quarterback Danny O'Neil will visit Miami on March 4, his family tells 247Sports.

Miami has yet to extend a scholarship to O’Neil but new offensive coordinator Shannon Dawson did offer the Hoosier State standout when he was at Houston.

Programs in strong position for O’Neil heading into the spring include Colorado and Illinois along with Louisville, Kentucky and Purdue.

Besides Miami, O’Neil has a visit scheduled to Michigan State for March 14.

O’Neil had a strong junior season completing 63 percent of his passes for 2,654 yards and 32 touchdowns with another nine rushing scores. He emerged as a prospect to know following a terrific sophomore campaign where he was good on 63 percent of his passes for 2,956 yards and 33 touchdowns with 10 rushing scores en route to a state championship.

Indianapolis (Ind.) Cathedral quarterback Danny O'Neil will visit Miami on March 4, his family tells 247Sports.

Miami has yet to extend a scholarship to O’Neil but new offensive coordinator Shannon Dawson did offer the Hoosier State standout when he was at Houston.

Programs in strong position for O’Neil heading into the spring include Colorado and Illinois along with Louisville, Kentucky and Purdue.

Besides Miami, O’Neil has a visit scheduled to Michigan State for March 14.

O’Neil had a strong junior season completing 63 percent of his passes for 2,654 yards and 32 touchdowns with another nine rushing scores. He emerged as a prospect to know following a terrific sophomore campaign where he was good on 63 percent of his passes for 2,956 yards and 33 touchdowns with 10 rushing scores en route to a state championship.
Liking Dawson's chances 👌🏽

Advertisement
Since this thread is recirculating I’ll add an update with my 2 cents. I’ve known Danny since he was in 5th or 6th grade and while I was still finishing school. We went to the same trainer in Indy and I’d help run a summer camp each year so I’ve seen him grow as a player over the years.

He has good arm talent but his work ethic and football IQ are off the charts. I’d say his knowledge of the game is better than most D1 kids right now and on par with where Kaaya was his freshman year as a starter and Malik later on in his career.

He loves ND but I’d be surprised if an offer came there since CJ Carr has been committed for awhile. He and his parents have talked about Miami to me for years and I’ve tried to help facilitate through multiple coaching changes so I know the interest on Danny’s end is legit and I’ll surely be staying in his ear. Coach Dawson also visited Danny in Indy a few weeks ago so they have a good relationship.

I’m not huge on comparisons but he reminds me a lot of a college version of Baker Mayfield. Super competitive and wants to win every sprint and drill, is a plus athlete and a gamer.
Just keep on doing the lord's work!

Advertisement
Back