2024 PFF Big Board - 6 Miami Players

Advertisement
Advertisement
LT has done nothing to be even considered in the 3rd round much less the first round.

Preseason hype for no reason. hopefully the coaches make sure players don't read this **** and let it got their heads.

Agree. Based on his current trajectory with more minutes, he's a 3rd round kind of guy at best. As for JWill - he's a 4th/5th rounder guy right now. Both have the potential to be drafted much higher, but they have a long way to go.

As for Zion...lol. Let's just leave it at that.

LT has done nothing to be even considered in the 3rd round much less the first round.

Preseason hype for no reason. hopefully the coaches make sure players don't read this **** and let it got their heads.
You’re joking right? LT lacks consistency but name a true sophomore who isn’t inconsistent. There aren’t many DT’s with his quickness and athleticism. 19 TFL’s his first two years to go along with 5 sacks in limited starts.

Miami fans are hypercritical of our players. This is the year for LT to earn his money but he’s well on his way to bring a 1st round pick.

I would give it to them to read. He should be disrespected that he isn’t a projected top 5 pick. He’s that talented. There’s no settling or being content with being a fringe 1st round player. He was the number 3 player coming out of HS. Top 5 is the goal!

Last edited:
Zions way too high imo. But at least guys are getting noticed now. Those are kids MC ain't even recruit besides convincing transfers. I could imagine how this current class is projected on mock sites. We probably got more guys now.

Advertisement
Confused Little Girl GIF

Advertisement

He played 200 snaps in 2021 and 329 snaps in 2022 (529 total), and has recorded 45 Tackles, 19 of which were TFL, 5 sacks, and 1 INT, and likely will test pretty well.

In his first 2 seasons Kancey played 975 total snaps and recorded 20 TFLs and 8.5 sacks with 1 Forced fumble. So 446 more snaps to get 1 more TFL, and 3.5 more sacks. Taylor’s sack rate is higher per snap. I’m Kanceys final season he had 14.5 TFL and 7.5 sacks on 454 snaps. So much better sack rate and a worse TFL rate thus far. Taylor has to take the next step, but it should come as no surprise if he does.

Taylor needs to be conditioned enough to pay more snaps this year, and needs to get more like 7+ sacks, but he’s definitely produced when he’s been on the field, and has a lot of talent/potential/athleticism. It should be no surprise he’s getting 1st round hype.

Definitely too high but we're talking about a 2 star recruit, so just getting drafted would be an accomplishment.

Let me add this to the myths of CIS. Lol. Zion wasn’t a 2-star recruit. He was a low 3-star, but nevertheless, u’re overall point remains valid knowing how he started here, especially.

Edit: Upon further review, he finished as a 3-star, but he was indeed a 2-star b4 committing to us. Shout out to @BoxingRobes for providing the complete timeline.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Go find other true sophomore DT's that have better numbers than Taylor. I'll help it's a very short list.

He is a playmaker. Does he need to be more consistent? Sure, most 2nd year DT's do. His quickness is off the charts.

So sick of the Zion slander on this board.

Dude was lightly recruited, got forced into a starting role, worked and got better.

He was fantastic the 2nd half of 2021, preseason All ACC last year. He needs to get healthy

Zions way too high imo. But at least guys are getting noticed now. Those are kids MC ain't even recruit besides convincing transfers. I could imagine how this current class is projected on mock sites. We probably got more guys now.
DWin....I dunno if I'm feeling the new screen name...

I'm not certain it conveys the truth and moxie uou bring each day...

Let me add this to the myths of CIS. Lol. Zion wasn’t a 2-star recruit. He was a low 3-star, but nevertheless, u’re overall point remains valid knowing how he started here, especially.
The big services don't even give two start ratings. You're either 3 stars or unranked.

Advertisement
Back