2024 Offensive Line Position

Hstokes1447

Junior
This group is loaded with young talent at every position with two of the best offensive line developers in college football in Mario Cristobal and Alex Mirabal. There are 7-8 starting caliber guys on this roster and if 1 or 2 more develop during the spring or if one is added in the portal, this should easily be the best offensive line unit in the ACC and one of the best, if not the best, in the entire nation. This is by far the strength of the team and I don’t see that changing anytime soon.

LT Jalen Rivers RSR 6-5 325

LT Samson Okunlola RFR 6-6 310

LT Zion Nelson RSR 6-5 315

LT Deryc Plazz FR 6-4 295

LG Matthew McCoy RSO 6-6 300

LG Tommy Kinsler RFR 6-6 340

LG Logan Sagapolu RJR 6-2 340

C Zach Carpenter RSR 6-5 295

C Ryan Rodriguez RSO 6-2 275

C Antonio Tripp RFR 6-3 300

C Nino Francavilla FR 6-3 300

RG Anez Cooper JR 6-6 340

RG Frankie Tinilau RFR 6-6 325

RG Juan Minaya FR 6-6 335

RT Francis Mauigoa SO 6-6 325

RT Markel Bell RSO 6-9 345

RT Chris Washington RSO 6-7 285

I can see why this staff went after proven OG and depending on how spring goes I can see then taking another crack at it in the spring portal window. That will give the group championship depth.

Advertisement
This group is loaded with young talent at every position with two of the best offensive line developers in college football in Mario Cristobal and Alex Mirabal. There are 7-8 starting caliber guys on this roster and if 1 or 2 more develop during the spring or if one is added in the portal, this should easily be the best offensive line unit in the ACC and one of the best, if not the best, in the entire nation. This is by far the strength of the team and I don’t see that changing anytime soon.

LT Jalen Rivers RSR 6-5 325

LT Samson Okunlola RFR 6-6 310

LT Zion Nelson RSR 6-5 315

LT Deryc Plazz FR 6-4 295

LG Matthew McCoy RSO 6-6 300

LG Tommy Kinsler RFR 6-6 340

LG Logan Sagapolu RJR 6-2 340

C Zach Carpenter RSR 6-5 295

C Ryan Rodriguez RSO 6-2 275

C Antonio Tripp RFR 6-3 300

C Nino Francavilla FR 6-3 300

RG Anez Cooper JR 6-6 340

RG Frankie Tinilau RFR 6-6 325

RG Juan Minaya FR 6-6 335

RT Francis Mauigoa SO 6-6 325

RT Markel Bell RSO 6-9 345

RT Chris Washington RSO 6-7 285

I can see why this staff went after proven OG and depending on how spring goes I can see then taking another crack at it in the spring portal window. That will give the group championship depth.
Great effort on your depth chart. Looks good. A couple of thoughts. Personally I don’t like the idea of McCoy starting at LG. I would much rather have Jalen Rivers start at LG with Samson Okunlola at LT. Obviously, Okunlola would have to win the LT job but I think he can and will. Is Logan Sagapolu still on the

LT Samson Okunlola RFR 6’6” 310 lbs
LG Jalen Rivers RSR 6’5” 325 lbs
C Zack Carpenter RSR 6’5” 295 lbs
RG Anez Cooper JR 6’6” 340 lbs
RT Francis Mauigoa SO 6’6” 325 lbs

IMO we need to continue to fortify the 2 deep OL. Keep building quality depth until your 2nd unit is almost as good as the 1st or as close as possible.

Just look at that starting OL! There should be absolutely no excuse not to do really nasty things to other teams.

You have to think that Cam is stoked about having an elite O-Line in front of him for the first time in his college career. The only piece of the puzzle this offense was missing is a superstar QB and now that we have that there’s no reason why this shouldn’t be a top 15 caliber offense.

Advertisement
Have no real concerns about how mirabal and mario would get them ready but I do wanna see if there is any drop off from losing lee and cohen to the draft

Also want to see rivers and francis in their 2nd years at tackle in college. We maxed protected alot(leading to other issues), i wonder how much of that was to protect those two because they did get beat alot more when we didn’t.

If Bell and/or Samson are ready to compete by the summer, this will be an elite group.

This OL dominates the ACC

LT - Bell/Okunlola
LG - Rivers
C - Carpenter
RG - Cooper
RT - Mauigoa

Great effort on your depth chart. Looks good. A couple of thoughts. Personally I don’t like the idea of McCoy starting at LG. I would much rather have Jalen Rivers start at LG with Samson Okunlola at LT. Obviously, Okunlola would have to win the LT job but I think he can and will. Is Logan Sagapolu still on the

LT Samson Okunlola RFR 6’6” 310 lbs
LG Jalen Rivers RSR 6’5” 325 lbs
C Zack Carpenter RSR 6’5” 295 lbs
RG Anez Cooper JR 6’6” 340 lbs
RT Francis Mauigoa SO 6’6” 325 lbs

IMO we need to continue to fortify the 2 deep OL. Keep building quality depth until your 2nd unit is almost as good as the 1st or as close as possible.

Just look at that starting OL! There should be absolutely no excuse not to do really nasty things to other teams.
I too believe Jalen's future is at LG but here he best serves this team as the starting LT in my opinion. I guess it will ultimately come down to McCoy vs Okunlola, whomever performs the best Jalen can take the opposite position.

Advertisement
Like Samson’s potential, but would it make sense to start him at LG and leave Rivers at tackle?

If Bell and/or Samson are ready to compete by the summer, this will be an elite group.

This OL dominates the ACC

LT - Bell/Okunlola
LG - Rivers
C - Carpenter
RG - Cooper
RT - Mauigoa

Did they officially say Okunlola was out for the spring?

I was under the impression he’d be limited to start and work his way into the competition…

For the "off the bus" crowd, Starting OL avg 317 lbs. and 6'5.5
uGa starting 2024 OL avg 310 lbs. and 6'5

I have a concern about the OL being 6’6+ across the board.

Unless these guys have unreal bend and balance (which some do), that height could be an issue gaining leverage against the higher levels of competition Miami will face.

I’m not an OL guru like Mirabal and Cristobal…but that’s a watch item for me.

Going to be interesting on who the starting 5 is after spring. Don’t think it will go the way we think.

Advertisement
Going to be interesting on who the starting 5 is after spring. Don’t think it will go the way we think.

So what do you think happens?

Last year, the OL from the first week of practice stayed the same thru the spring and fall camp.

Same thing happened their first season here with Campbell starting at LT

So what do you think happens?

Last year, the OL from the first week of practice stayed the same thru the spring and fall camp.

Same thing happened their first season here with Campbell starting at LT
Not sure..... Assuming Ward is a righty...

Mauigoa could switch
Not high on the new center...
Pancake could be awesome...

Only one I see cemented is Cooper.

How many blocking TEs does Miami line up with this OL?

NO WR, just march the rock down the field 3 yds at a time.

FYZICAL D O M I N A T I O N. Let the men handle this.

dYgDRfc61SGtO.gif

Helmets are optional you soft Sallys.

Advertisement
Not sure..... Assuming Ward is a righty...

Mauigoa could switch
Not high on the new center...
Pancake could be awesome...

Only one I see cemented is Cooper.
Wait a minute here!

Assuming Ward is a righty? Have you really not seen Ward's highlights? That's impressive if so.

You dont like our center from Indiana? So you've seen Indiana games, but not Ward highlights?

I have a concern about the OL being 6’6+ across the board.

Unless these guys have unreal bend and balance (which some do), that height could be an issue gaining leverage against the higher levels of competition Miami will face.

I’m not an OL guru like Mirabal and Cristobal…but that’s a watch item for me.
Avg NFL lineman is 6'5" (just FYI).

Advertisement
Back