2024 Offensive Line Position

LG is the only concern. Is there talent? Yeah sure. But no experience.

Hoping one of Samson/Kinsler/Mccoy can take the spot and be solid. Could be an issue for the season if LG is not solidified.

I think we'll be fine there and am more worried about C. But regardless we're going to dominate the LOS.

Advertisement
This Offensive Line will be better than last years offensive because of experience and depth.

Here is why
1. System Experience. Last season this entire offensive line was learning this offensive system, this year only two players (Zach Carpenter, & Markel Bell) in the two deep will be learning this system.
2. Playing Experience. There will not be 1 true freshman in the two deep
3. Depth. There are not at least 8 starter level offensive lineman on this roster

LT Jalen Rivers RSR 6-5 325 (2023 All-ACC Second Team)
LT Markel Bell RSO 6-9 345

LG Samson Okunlola RFR 6-6 310 (Former 5 star)
LG Matthew McCoy RSO 6-6 300

C Zach Carpenter RSR 6-5 295 (2023 All-Big Ten Honorable Mention)
C Ryan Rodriguez RSO 6-2 275

RG Anez Cooper JR 6-6 325 (2023 All-ACC Honorable Mention)
RG Matthew McCoy RSO 6-6 300

RT Francis Mauigoa SO 6-6 325 (2023 All-ACC Second Team)
RT Tommy Kinsler RFR 6-6 340

Thats two second team All Conference starters, two Honorable mention All Conference starters, and one former 5 star starter. In addition Bell, McCoy, and Kinsler providing starter level depth.

Thanks for this. Would appreciate something similar for entire depth chart. No presh dough

LG is the only concern. Is there talent? Yeah sure. But no experience.

Hoping one of Samson/Kinsler/Mccoy can take the spot and be solid. Could be an issue for the season if LG is not solidified.
If 1/3 isn't cutting the mustard you plug in the other ones until the line has the synergy needed as a group. I think people are scared if Samson starts and doesn't do well enough and gets benched he hits the portal. So be it if that's the case. You put the best 5 on the field and f*** hurt feelings.

Potential to be a top 10 offensive line but Anez Cooper needs to stay healthy. If he goes down, things get a little dicey and we probably have to start playing musical chairs at multiple positions.

Potential to be a top 10 offensive line but Anez Cooper needs to stay healthy. If he goes down, things get a little dicey and we probably have to start playing musical chairs at multiple positions.
Huge Cooper fan, so I don't want to put that out there. But, I think that's one of the easier fixes. Mauigoa could move to RG and Bell takes over RT.

We have a good situation on the OL. Not that you're doing it at all, but for anyone to try to nitpick or build in any excuse is a waste of time. On top of everything, we now have a QB who has shown to consistently slide up and across the pocket. That should help how they look in pass pro. And, we have an RB who breaks tackles and gains chunks after contact. So, some of those 4-5 yard gains we saw last season more likely turn into the occasional 10+ yarder.

No excuses, gentlemen. Double digit wins.

Advertisement
Huge Cooper fan, so I don't want to put that out there. But, I think that's one of the easier fixes. Mauigoa could move to RG and Bell takes over RT.

We have a good situation on the OL. Not that you're doing it at all, but for anyone to try to nitpick or build in any excuse is a waste of time. On top of everything, we now have a QB who has shown to consistently slide up and across the pocket. That should help how they look in pass pro. And, we have an RB who breaks tackles and gains chunks after contact. So, some of those 4-5 yard gains we saw last season more likely turn into the occasion 10+ yarder.

It would be hard to search but I remember last year there were different analytics stats that showed we had one of top oline that didnt allow runners to get touched in first 5 yards AND one of the least broken tackles by rb in nation or was it long runs..

Either way there is no excuse.. MANY teams do more with less, only team returning 3 wr topping 800+ yards, Arguably top 5 starting QB, RB, and WR.. GET. IT. DONE.

We have a good situation on the OL. Not that you're doing it at all, but for anyone to try to nitpick or build in any excuse is a waste of time. On top of everything, we now have a QB who has shown to consistently slide up and across the pocket. That should help how they look in pass pro. And, we have an RB who breaks tackles and gains chunks after contact. So, some of those 4-5 yard gains we saw last season more likely turn into the occasional 10+ yarder.

found it

We were also 3rd best in the nation with only 13.2% of our rushes being stuffed yet were 121st in Broken Tackle/Missed Tackle %. Our backs simply couldnt break tackles or make people miss all that much.

It would be hard to search but I remember last year there were different analytics stats that showed we had one of top oline that didnt allow runners to get touched in first 5 yards AND one of the least broken tackles by rb in nation or was it long runs..

Either way there is no excuse.. MANY teams do more with less, only team returning 3 wr topping 800+ yards, Arguably top 5 starting QB, RB, and WR.. GET. IT. DONE.
I think, at one point, Chaney was at like 3.0 yac and Parrish at 2.8 yac. Not helpful.

What do you guys think about moving CiCi to Lg then allows Samson bell or one of the other tackles take RT. I Think CiCi could be a Mauler at LG. Then his junior season he can move back to tackle.

Advertisement
What do you guys think about moving CiCi to Lg then allows Samson bell or one of the other tackles take RT. I Think CiCi could be a Mauler at LG. Then his junior season he can move back to tackle.
If only Samson was worth a **** at tackle. Dude blows at RT at least. No OL wants to move inside if they can play tackle. The money makers are the tackles which shows you its the more important position. Not worth risking moving Rivers and Mauigoa to guards if what you have at tackle is worse than them.

If only Samson was worth a **** at tackle. Dude blows at RT at least. No OL wants to move inside if they can play tackle. The money makers are the tackles which shows you its the more important position. Not worth risking moving Rivers and Mauigoa to guards if what you have at tackle is worse than them.
How do you know he sucks at tackle? Were you at spring practice? I know tackles make more at the NFL level than guards but to me here is the order of importance center left tackle right tackle left guard then right guard. I think Cici would probably fare better than anyone that they will use at left guard because Cici is a Mauler. Left guards are maulers. I think Cici had some problems at right tackle due to his mailing and being young. But I think for a season he would fit the best at LG.

Rivers
?
Carpenter
Cooper
Mauigoa

If Bell takes a big leap, then move Rivers to LG. I don't see Okunlola yet given his lack of PT and due to coming off of injury, but his time will come. McCoy could start at LG.

Advertisement
A bit surprised we did not go after someone like Cohen again this cycle to solidify LG.

This can be alleviated by awarding the 85th and final scholarship to Luis Cristobal.

Agreed.

The ball will come out with better timing, and Cam has excellent pocket awareness/mobility.

The PA pass game should be better as well; really excited to see the depth chart and how everything else comes together.

He was very underwhelming in the spring game. Some of that could be coming off an injury.

Advertisement
A bit surprised we did not go after someone like Cohen again this cycle to solidify LG.

This can be alleviated by awarding the 85th and final scholarship to Luis Cristobal.
I havent paid attention but who was in the portal this year with similar pedigree?

They went after that Washington LG. If we're the program we think we are at Oline development, between Samson, Kinsler, McCoy etc we should be able to manage a serviceable LG.

They certainly tried to get the Washington LG but he decided to go away. Remember is a two way street in the portal.

I'm not worried about the O line at all. While some of y'all were *****ing about Mario not landing skill positions the past few years I was dry humping (major pause) him and Mirabal reeling in the Hog Molly's knowing it was just a matter of time. Wellll ITS TIME! We are more than solid up front. The lack of ELITE skill positions fell ($winningculture) into place with Ward, Martinez, Brown followed up by actual DEPTH..
I cant believe I'm saying this after 20+ years of irrelevance but we have a shot. Our offense is going to move the ball methodically on the ground and through the air. Its all on the D now (pause). Historically if Miami's offense has any type of pulse the Defense will always show up and fight.

I'm more than excited for this season, cherry on top we get to kick the gaytors asses in the swamp to open the year and then hang 50+ at home vs fswho!

Advertisement
Back