2024 Offensive Line Position

If people honestly ***** about O-Line this season... lmfao, colleges would do unspeakable for things for having at least three NFL-talents on the O-Line these days.

Make it four if Samson plays LG.

Advertisement
Kinsler to RG if Cooper gets hurt.
I dont believe Kinsler has been getting very many (if any) reps at guard. I do think Mauigoa would be great inside but he has been out all spring and I am sure the fall will be dedicated to getting him back up to speed at right tackle.

Yes, its easier to move inside and yes, we have some talented tackles that would be serviceable at guard but ideally we would have more true guards on the roster who primarily practice there.

I think the OL will be good but if Cooper goes down it will hurt us probably more than any other player on the line. Its not a video game, you dont just swap around bodies.

I dont believe Kinsler has been getting very many (if any) reps at guard. I do think Mauigoa would be great inside but he has been out all spring and I am sure the fall will be dedicated to getting him back up to speed at right tackle.

Yes, its easier to move inside and yes, we have some talented tackles that would be serviceable at guard but ideally we would have more true guards on the roster who primarily practice there.

I think the OL will be good but if Cooper goes down it will hurt us probably more than any other player on the line. Its not a video game, you dont just swap around bodies.
I'm very well aware that this isn't a video game but thanks for the confirmation. The idea of Kinsler to Guard isn't an arbitrary one. Cooper is a huge player at 6'6" 340. He is a road grader who has the balance and athleticism to play Tackle. Kinsler has very similar traits both physically and athletically.

When Cristobal/Mirabal recruit Offensive Lineman they intentionally recruit big, athletic body types with length who have the measurables and ability to play Tackle then move inside those who they feel are best suited to play Guard. Additionally Cristobal/Mirabal always cross train their OL. Mirabal did a very good interview where he stated that during the spring the main goal is to get his group comfortable with playing multiple positions on the OL and it isn't really until Fall camp that they make their final decision of who will play where and what combination gives them the best OL. Obviously there are and will be returning players who stay in the same position that they have played previously.

I'm very well aware that this isn't a video game but thanks for the confirmation. The idea of Kinsler to Guard isn't an arbitrary one. Cooper is a huge player at 6'6" 340. He is a road grader who has the balance and athleticism to play Tackle. Kinsler has very similar traits both physically and athletically.

When Cristobal/Mirabal recruit Offensive Lineman they intentionally recruit big, athletic body types with length who have the measurables and ability to play Tackle then move inside those who they feel are best suited to play Guard. Additionally Cristobal/Mirabal always cross train their OL. Mirabal did a very good interview where he stated that during the spring the main goal is to get his group comfortable with playing multiple positions on the OL and it isn't really until Fall camp that they make their final decision of who will play where and what combination gives them the best OL. Obviously there are and will be returning players who stay in the same position that they have played previously.
Thanks for the education, appreciate it

If people honestly ***** about O-Line this season... lmfao, colleges would do unspeakable for things for having at least three NFL-talents on the O-Line these days.

Make it four if Samson plays LG.
Bell and Kinsler are without a doubt NFL talents as well.

Advertisement
You have to think that Cam is stoked about having an elite O-Line in front of him for the first time in his college career. The only piece of the puzzle this offense was missing is a superstar QB and now that we have that there’s no reason why this shouldn’t be a top 15 caliber offense.
If we don't see the pathetic UM QB single season records fall this year, it's going to be a bad season. We should see production, and a lot of it.

I'm not worried about the O line at all. While some of y'all were *****ing about Mario not landing skill positions the past few years I was dry humping (major pause) him and Mirabal reeling in the Hog Molly's knowing it was just a matter of time. Wellll ITS TIME! We are more than solid up front. The lack of ELITE skill positions fell ($winningculture) into place with Ward, Martinez, Brown followed up by actual DEPTH..
I cant believe I'm saying this after 20+ years of irrelevance but we have a shot. Our offense is going to move the ball methodically on the ground and through the air. Its all on the D now (pause). Historically if Miami's offense has any type of pulse the Defense will always show up and fight.

I'm more than excited for this season, cherry on top we get to kick the gaytors asses in the swamp to open the year and then hang 50+ at home vs fswho!
I feel like this was copy/pasted from NCAA '12's script between Herbie and Corso. And the stupid pause was for Herby to have a place to swig some Vodka and G2.

Advertisement
Back