2024 NFL Draft Thread

The NFL is weak on QB evaluations. Lol at the Jets
No Way Reaction GIF by Laff

Advertisement
Had a bad feeling the Jets were going to take Travis when they had him in last week for a multi day visit. When I heard they refused to throw the last pick "Mr. Irrelevant" pick in any trade I figured that might be where they took him..

Had a bad feeling the Jets were going to take Travis when they had him in last week for a multi day visit. When I heard they refused to throw the last pick "Mr. Irrelevant" pick in any trade I figured that might be where they took him..

Travis is as improved a football player as I’ve ever seen in my entire life and I’m 42 years old. Doesn’t mean he’s going to be an NFL starter, imo he doesn’t have the combination of accuracy and arm talent to get there but he deserved to be drafted. Kid went from a legit laughingstock to one of the better QBs in the country in 4 years.

Advertisement
Travis is as improved a football player as I’ve ever seen in my entire life and I’m 42 years old. Doesn’t mean he’s going to be an NFL starter, imo he doesn’t have the combination of accuracy and arm talent to get there but he deserved to be drafted. Kid went from a legit laughingstock to one of the better QBs in the country in 4 years.
He's an athletic guy, and is older than most if not everyone he played against. He's older than current starters in the league today.

He's an athletic guy, and is older than most if not everyone he played against. He's older than current starters in the league today.

He throws it well enough to compete for a roster spot. And he was certainly good enough to warrant being drafted. If you’d have told me that in 2020 I’d have probably needed to be hospitalized from laughing so hard.

Advertisement
The NFL is weak on QB evaluations. Lol at the Jets
Every year we see teams reach for QBs and they say basically “well we needed to get a QB”

I gotta tell yeah if you’re ever insecure about how you are at your job just take a look at these guys that say that

Advertisement
The one that surprises me is Cohen. I thought 4th, early 5th was his floor. He was good for us this year.

Ya that one is a little surprising, was definitely expecting him to have been off the board by now.

The others aren’t shocking though

He'll end up with a 10+ year NFL career as a once in a while starter and serviceable backup.... Not a bad way to earn a solid pension...

Advertisement
The one that surprises me is Cohen. I thought 4th, early 5th was his floor. He was good for us this year.
Agreed... thought he woulda been drafted by now... Not sure what teams didn't like about him but obviously something didn't click...

Before NIL some of this made sense. Now you can make good money. Let’s see what happens, but I would love to have been returning all 5 starters on the OL, and Taylor at DT.

Yes and no. He started off having a real good year and tapered off over the course of the last several games.

Advertisement
Back